Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Whiskey & Rye!  (Read 4472 times)

Offline the_guitarboy

• View Profile
Whiskey & Rye!
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »
Anyone else Whiskey or Rye fans?  My current favorite is 40 Creek, it's just sooo damn tastey.

A friend just bought me a bottle of Sortilège: Maple Syrup Whiskey. I can't wait to try it on some pancakes!

Sagath

Re: Whiskey & Rye!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »
Im a huge Scotch whisky fan. Macallan, Dalwhinnie, among many others are all in the cabinet. Last I counted I had 18 different bottles, and probably double that if you include duplicates...

For domestics, 40 Creek is my go-to Whisky. Best part is I know the owner personally through a family friend. It is hands down the best Canadian whisky in my humble opinion.

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »

Offline the_guitarboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
For domestics, 40 Creek is my go-to Whisky. Best part is I know the owner personally through a family friend. It is hands down the best Canadian whisky in my humble opinion.

Awesome! Please pass on my review of it, it is by far the best Rye (or 'Candian Whiskey') I have found in my local booze stores. All my friends who have tasted it have loved it. Having said that, I need to go buy a bottle!

Offline chrisk

• Bouncer
  • Here I am! Rock You Like a Hurricane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:16:41 PM »
Rum and vodka are my favs.

Really wish I like scotch though...folks who like it really love and savour it. I have tried 'good' scotches and they all seem to be the same to me.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good scotch for someone who wishes to develop a taste for it? I remember that I did not like my first several Guinnesses but it is by far my fav beer now. A taste can be developed (and I am going to be in Scotland next year lol)

Offline Foxy6988

• Reviewer
  • "Without Fear, There Cannot Be Courage"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »
I have always been a Jack Daniels Fan :)
I love my beer and have just in recent years taken a liking to wine (mostly reds).
But you will never see me turn away a Jacks and Coke, Apple Juice and Jacks and occasionally, Jacks on Ice.

At a friends place recently he brought out a maple whisky. I'm going to ask him the brand because I could easily drank more then I could bargain for (whilst enjoying the gratifying burn).

This post has made me rather thirsty....  8)

Offline Squeetard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 07:11:32 AM »
Try Jack and Dr. Pepper. Yum.

I'm going to give this 40 Creek a go. I drink Gibson's gold currently.

Offline Foxy6988

• Reviewer
  • "Without Fear, There Cannot Be Courage"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:42:34 AM »
Dr Pepper and Jacks.. Sound yummy, why didn't I think of that!
I will most defintely try that! :)

Offline the_guitarboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 10:00:51 AM »

Really wish I like scotch though...folks who like it really love and savour it. I have tried 'good' scotches and they all seem to be the same to me.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good scotch for someone who wishes to develop a taste for it? I remember that I did not like my first several Guinnesses but it is by far my fav beer now. A taste can be developed (and I am going to be in Scotland next year lol)

I've been told (by a Scotch/Whiskey freak) that 'Dalmore 12' is great one to try for n00bs. I will be picking up a bottle of it this weekend:

Offline Squeetard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 09:05:16 AM »
Picked up a bottle and drank far too much 40 Creek last night. YUMYUMYUM! mY NEW FAVORITE WHISKEY FOR SURE.

Offline chrisk

• Bouncer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »

I've been told (by a Scotch/Whiskey freak) that 'Dalmore 12' is great one to try for n00bs. I will be picking up a bottle of it this weekend:

Looks good! This will be on my shopping list tomorrow.

Friend of mine says to put a little water and ice in the glass to help acquire a taste...feels wrong, but I am heading to the land of Scotch and I really want to develop a taste for it (can't believe I am typing all serious about putting water in booze.....)

Offline Squeetard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
I drink all my Scotch and Rye and Bourbons on the Rocks with a splash of Water.

Offline chrisk

• Bouncer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »
Humm...no Dalmore 12 anywhere near me.

Is 40 Creek a good noob scotch?

Offline chrisk

• Bouncer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »

Offline Squeetard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 08:38:22 AM »
Humm...no Dalmore 12 anywhere near me.

Is 40 Creek a good noob scotch?

40 Creek is a rye whiskey. Compares to and kicks the ass of stuff like Crown Royal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal