Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Litecoin/scrypt Mining for Nvidia GPUs  (Read 1709 times)

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
Litecoin/scrypt Mining for Nvidia GPUs
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:31:56 AM »
First off I'd like to say that mining litecoins or scrypt based coins on Nvidia GPUs is very inefficient and if you want to get in to mining it is always advised to buy AMD graphics cards for mining.

So, As I'm sure many of you have just heard of bitcoin/litecoin and their derivatives and the cryptocurrency community as a whole.

What is litecoin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litecoin

"Litecoin (LTC) is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency and open source software project released under the MIT/X11 license. Inspired by and technically similar to Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin creation and transfer is based on an open source protocol and is not managed by any central authority. Litecoin is intended by its developers to improve upon Bitcoin, offering several key differences.  As of November 2013, Litecoin had received extended coverage by mainstream media with agencies such as the Wall Street Journal, CNBC and New York times citing it as an alternative (or possibly even successor) to Bitcoin.
As of December 10, 2013, 1 LTC is worth approximately $35 USD on major exchanges such as BTC-E. Litecoin is the second largest cryptocurrency with a market cap of around $800 million USD; roughly one 14th that of Bitcoin. Like Bitcoin, Litecoin prices are volatile and unstable, often experiencing rapid price swings such as 40% in a day, or 1,000% in a month
Like Bitcoin, each Litecoin is subdivided into 100,000,000 smaller units, defined by eight decimal places."

Okay cool! How do I start?

• Download the appropriate wallet. In this case we'll be using Dogecoin. http://dogecoin.com/
  • Join a pool: Here are a list of different Dogecoin pools
  • Download CUDA Manager
  • Create a worker on your pools website, it doesn't need to be secure any password and username will do, if someone else wants to mine for you, let them! In this tutorial I'll be using Multipool, although setup is similar on all pools
  • Launch CUDA Manager and configure your miner, most pools have the pool login info in the Getting Started section, this is how my miner looks like, yours should look similar.

And thats it! After all of those steps you should be mining dogecoin or whatever scrypt of your choosing. These steps can be followed to mine any scrypt based coin on Nvidia. I will be updating this guide periodically with pictures and updates.

Feel free to PM me if you have any issues or would like some help setting up your miners.

My current miner with a 780 ti is running at 600KH/s
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:05:33 PM by supaflyx3 »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Litecoin/scrypt Mining for Nvidia GPUs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
Love the Ghetto fan, so is it still worth it to be coining these days?

Should I still be building a backup rig for the propose of making some coinage :P
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Real Hardware Reviews

Re: Litecoin/scrypt Mining for Nvidia GPUs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal