Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: RHR on the Street to help other  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
RHR on the Street to help other
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »
So This winter(it's a little while away) we would like to help people out by making custom backpacks that include things like:
Clothes
Food
Blankets
Gift cards for subway and Timmies and what not
and other items for the homeless

If anyone has good ideas on where to start that would be a huge help as that is a winter goal for some of us here :)

Thanks and enjoy the summer everyone
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline oktober

• View Profile
Re: RHR on the Street to help other
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 05:36:00 AM »
timmies... your from canada eh? i'm so jealous down here in the US we don't have tim hortons and i get upset about it every time i go to a dunkin haha.

but as for the idea it's something i've been trying to do personally for a bit. Here's what i do.

Backpacks if i can find them at a donation store i buy them otherwise i just use a bag, it sucks a little more but it works. Most of the clothes i buy at a donation store too. I look for sale days and red tag days to get even more. Sometimes if you tell the manager what you're doing they'll discount a bit more too.

Bottled water is always something i try to include and toilet paper. And as for starting well just one person at a time, i find it easiest to try and strike up a conversation first and then go to your car or whereever and grab the bag once you kinda let them know what your doing.

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 05:36:00 AM »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 05:51:02 AM »
timmies... your from canada eh? i'm so jealous down here in the US we don't have tim hortons and i get upset about it every time i go to a dunkin haha.

but as for the idea it's something i've been trying to do personally for a bit. Here's what i do.

Backpacks if i can find them at a donation store i buy them otherwise i just use a bag, it sucks a little more but it works. Most of the clothes i buy at a donation store too. I look for sale days and red tag days to get even more. Sometimes if you tell the manager what you're doing they'll discount a bit more too.

Bottled water is always something i try to include and toilet paper. And as for starting well just one person at a time, i find it easiest to try and strike up a conversation first and then go to your car or whereever and grab the bag once you kinda let them know what your doing.

Good on you buddy :) very happy to hear others are doing their part where they can :)

Lots of great ideas. I am thinking of hitting up some of the huge thrift stores over the next bit as well as meetup a kijiji for donations :)

Yah I'm in canada but I'm a California born dual citizen, can't believe the drought my home state is going through.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline oktober

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:59 PM »
ay, i feel terrible for California right now. I'm on the east coast so it's a bit too far for me to travel to help but boy i'd love to if that were possible it's just terrible right now

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
There's a few computer stores in town, and I know a few people that work there. Maybe we can setup a donation bin in their stores?

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »
Might be worth it as I know Vancouver in the winter is hell on the streets no as much snow as here but constant cold rain and being ignored by all the rich people does not help self esteem

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal