Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: RHR wants to help families this Xmas  (Read 8522 times)

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
RHR wants to help families this Xmas
« on: December 06, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
This will not get in the way of our reviews or giveaways don't worry :)

We at RHR really care about the people in our communities, already we have donated a personal laptop and a few other items to Neighbourlink Calgary. If anyone ever knows someone in need please post here as we are always happy to help where we can.

Now lets really make a families xmas, Right now I got a request from Neighbourlink that someone needs a gaming computer for their 3 sons and cannot afford one.
Though in no way do I consider a gaming computer a must for most, I feel the need to help and explain why I believe for some it really is a essential. When I grew up gaming brought be closer to many of my friends and that is even how my wife and I enjoyed many years of our marriage. Gaming to some is just a hobby to others it is a way of life, an escape from the mundane and a truly amazing experience.

So with that thus far we have collected:

RX00: Case Lanboy Yellow and Coolermaster 212+ cooler (Thanks buddy)
Soullessone21: Dell LCD 22" 1080P
Soullessone21: EVGA 750 watt psu

NEED
HDD: 1TB 7200 rpm donated by Jenny from Techwave :)
GPU:6970 RHR Team donation
Motherboard: MOBO COVERED BY Tray GA-A75-UD4H sadly the asus we wanted had no I/O shield but this board will work great thanks so much Tray
CPU: Huge thanks to Dan on Kijiji for the FM1 quadcore, sadly the board that was with it has a damaged cpu lock no big deal we can hunt down a board right guys :)
RAM:4GB Stick from Techwaves Jenny thanks so much and 2 gb from Lpfan4ever, 2 more empty slots
Keyboard and Mouse:Dan dropped off a basic keyboard and mouse, thinking I love the RAT 7 so much I might just have to donate that to :) (Soullessone21 Bought a devastator series keyboard and mouse today for the donation) Jenny from Techwave donates a kickass mouse pad
Speakers and headsets:
Games:

A quadcore of any kind I think would be a best fit if possible.

Now guys we need to build the rest of this computer, If you can donate parts or even pool together a few dollars(would rather do crypto currencies as we can use them at newegg) then right away we will post a thank you to you here as well as thank you on all our social channels.

Lets defy the odds and prove even though our community is small our hearts and our desire to make this world a better world is large.

Thank you from everyone at Real Hardware Reviews
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:22:14 PM by Soullessone21 »
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline LPfan4ever

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: RHR wants to help families this Xmas
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:49:40 PM »
It's sadly all I can contribute. Hopefully somebody has some better kit to throw up!

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:01:19 AM »
It's sadly all I can contribute. Hopefully somebody has some better kit to throw up!

Thanks Kyle any little bit helps :)

Hoping to have something completed by next week the latest if not the missing parts will come out of my pocket.

Thanks again

John
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 08:19:34 AM »
If anyone has a 1366 motherboard then we do have a 1366 rig that showed up with a fried motherboard we could part out to make a working decent rig.

we currently have a i7 960 in it but like 30 popped caps on the board haha

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 07:04:47 PM »
we now have 2 quadcores but still no working board I know we can hunt one down on the cheap guys :)

Offline funguseater

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 11:55:46 PM »
I could donate a GTX480 1.5GB not the greatest with todays VRAM requirements but would blaze through med settings I think. I could even throw in a DWOOD bracket so it can be hooked up to a AIO if someone donates one. Let me know what you guys think? I know a 750 is the perfect PSU for it too even gives a good OC.

Offline Mowgli73

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
For John, and everyone involved:   

I wanted to express my sincere thanks and gratitude to this organization and John for donating a personal laptop to my adoptive family!

This Christmas I decided to do something I've never done before and adopt a family through NeighbourLink. Being a single mom myself, I was matched with a mom and her four year old son. I asked the mom what they'd like for Christmas and one of the requests was a laptop/computer for school, as she will be doing some upgrading in January in order to get into a unit clerk program.
 After telling my partner about my endeavor, he then shared this information with his friend John....and wow!!...I was told that a laptop was available to donate for one of her Christmas presents!! So exciting!

I dropped off the gifts including the laptop to the family on Saturday, Dec 6, and asked her to open the laptop gift bag...she was SO happy and excited. She couldn't believe that she had a laptop to use for school.

It's organizations and people like John that allow people like my adoptive family have such luxuries/items that she would not normally be able to purchase on her own due to her financial situation. I am forever grateful and appreciative for the kindness and thoughtfulness during the holiday season.

Again, thank you so much for your donation of a laptop!!

Jenn

Offline tray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 07:10:01 PM »
I wont be around until the 20th but I have a bunch of decent 775 stuff I can donate with a X5460 Xeon I believe it is. I have speakers and older laser mice too.

Let me know.

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 07:08:41 AM »
Funguseatter that would be perfect in my mind, I am happy to throw in my all in one as well :)
Jenn thank you for your kind words we were more than happy to help
Tray thanks for the offer but the deadline is the 20th :( we are trying to have it done for the 15th. Right now I am about to pay out of pocket for a F1A75-V PRO (only $42) but we do need a good ram kit still hoping for 1600-1866 8gb kit

also we lack a small SSD anyone got one? lets wow these kids :)

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »
Board is now covered thank you again Tray

We need some more ram
a good SSD or HDD, guess I'll get off my butt and review a HDD this week if no one can donate one.
I am trying to get some great gpus to donate think we may have a 6970 that would work fine to.

So just really ram and hdd and some games.
RHR will donate a game or 2 of course though :)

Also looking for good headsets speakers and even a mouse pad and kb and mouse

Offline enaberif

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
I just want to add to what John is already doing.. I am going to try and see if we can sign these guys up for Steam. If we can I'd like to see a few people possibly donate some games.. as I'm sure a few are sitting on some.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:24:27 PM by Soullessone21 »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »
Thanks enaberif and great idea you have there. It is enaberifs girlfriend who is leading the charge on this donation and he will be doing the in home setup :)

Thanks again buddy

-John

Offline funguseater

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 04:25:43 PM »
You got it! 480 on the way, with an adapter.  Should be there Monday. And it doubles as a space heater  ::)

What a great idea for xmas.

edit:: missed the the PO today, can still make it out tomorrow morning tho, yay!

edit 2 ::  Awesome, what a great idea this was, way to go everyone.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:39:52 AM by funguseater »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 08:19:50 PM »
Thanks fungus but we had a local donation of a 6970 today :) huge updates on the donations on the way

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
I have probably 40 game keys that I can throw in

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal