Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Xbox One Specs - Thoughts? Good, Bad & Ugly Comments Welcome.  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Foxy6988

• Reviewer
  • "Without Fear, There Cannot Be Courage"
    • View Profile
Xbox One Specs - Thoughts? Good, Bad & Ugly Comments Welcome.
« on: December 10, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »
XBOX ONE - Specs

Optical Drive  Blu-Ray/DVD   
Game DVR  Yes, Upload Studio
HDCP Encryption  No for games 

RAM
8GB DDR3
Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s
+ 32MB eSRAM
Bandwidth: 204 GB/s(102 In/102 Out)

Flash Memory
8GB Flash Memory

CPU
8 Core AMD custom CPU
Frequency: 1.75 GHz

GPU   Clock Speed: 853 MHz(originally 800 MHz)

Shader Cores: 768
Peak Throughput: 1.23 TFLOPS

Storage
500 GB Hard Drive non-replaceable, External Hard Drive support coming[n] 
Second Screen
SmartGlass App on Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Windows 8
Cloud Storage  Yes 
Mandatory Game Installs  Yes

Required Internet Connection  After Day One patch, No

Used Game Fee  No
Backwards Compatibility  None, Microsoft is exploring possiblites.

Cross Game Chat  Skype, Party Chat
Motion Control  Kinect 2

Voice Commands  Yes, Kinect 2 is needed.
Subscription Service  Xbox Live
Required for Online Play

USB  USB 3.0 
Live Streaming  Yes, With Twitch.TV

Reputation Preservation  Achievements will be ported From Xbox 360.

Networking  Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi (A/B/G/N dual-band at 2.4ghz and 5ghz) includes WiFi Direct support [17] 
A/V Hookups
HDMI input and output (4K support) 
API 
DirectX 11.1

Mouse and Keyboard Support   Possible Support in the Future

Great Re-Invention of the New Xbox?   

Offline Prod4500

• View Profile
Re: Xbox One Specs - Thoughts? Good, Bad & Ugly Comments Welcome.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:47:26 AM »
What about the ps4 specifications I've heard there way better than the Xbox one

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:47:26 AM »

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:57:37 PM »
I did not believe that the PS4 is "that" much better at all. After all, they are around the same budget, so the differences won't be that dramatic. However there are a pile of good examples, that games are rendered on Xbox on lower resolution (and even with that, they getting slower framerates) that on the PS4:

Call of Duty: Ghosts – 1080p60 on PS4 vs. 720p60 on Xbox One
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – 1080p60 on PS4 vs. 1080p30 on Xbox One
Titanfall (Xbox exclusive) – 792p on Xbox One
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – 1080p60 on PS4 vs. 720p60 on Xbox One
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – 1080p30 on PS4 vs. 900p30 on Xbox One
Battlefield 4 – 900p60 on PS4 vs. 720p60 on Xbox One
Thief – 1080p30 on PS4 vs. 900p30 on Xbox One
Rumor: Watch_Dogs – 1080p30 on PS4 vs. 900p30 Xbox One

Looks bad, huh? However in reality (except the one case of the triangulary irregular shadows) it does not look any notably worser in action:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1394193537&rss

...framerate comparsion show slightly lower FPS on the Xbox one:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:02:48 PM by trodas »
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 07:39:38 AM »
I think they've actually proven a lot more recently that the consoles struggle (both) to get 60FPS on just about anything now released.
AMD really over stated the HW ability of their gear on this one.

-Shiver

Offline Bond007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »
I think they've actually proven a lot more recently that the consoles struggle (both) to get 60FPS on just about anything now released.

-Shiver

It wasn't necessarily that AMD over stated. We don't know for sure what the contracts were. Maybe they all knew what kind of performance they were to expect.

That said I definitely agree that it sucks they don't do 60fps at 1080p...I will be bypassing this gen of consoles either completely, or until they are cheap.
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K @ 4.1ghz undervolted with Zalman Optima Cooler, Vengeance 2x4gb @ 1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB

Away from home light Gamer: Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, Vengeance 2x4gb, M500 240gb,

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:15:11 PM »

-Shiver

It wasn't necessarily that AMD over stated. We don't know for sure what the contracts were. Maybe they all knew what kind of performance they were to expect.

That said I definitely agree that it sucks they don't do 60fps at 1080p...I will be bypassing this gen of consoles either completely, or until they are cheap.

Ditto and it's funny to we almost got a Xbox One when I won a survivor pool and had spare cash but I saved it for a trip instead think that's a better investment.

The built in game streaming is awesome though on the Xbox One.  I'll give them that.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline Bond007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 07:45:24 PM »

-Shiver

Ditto and it's funny to we almost got a Xbox One when I won a survivor pool and had spare cash but I saved it for a trip instead think that's a better investment.

The built in game streaming is awesome though on the Xbox One.  I'll give them that.

You will never look back on your life and wish you didn't travel. I should take my own advice...its been too long since I had a big family trip (lots of small localish ones though).
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K @ 4.1ghz undervolted with Zalman Optima Cooler, Vengeance 2x4gb @ 1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB

Away from home light Gamer: Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, Vengeance 2x4gb, M500 240gb,

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:45:03 AM »

-Shiver

I'd say given the consistent ability for overstatement, at least on the processor side of the equation, it was probably a mix of both over spec'd and over promised ability. That's just my thought process on the whole ordeal.
Having been around both consoles up front, I will say I prefer the X-Box execution of the solution over the PS4, as well as the support level you get and security from MS's network. That goes a long way. My Fathers PS3 and its issues have made me shy away a lot more from Sony than historically in the past. I loved PS1 and PS2, Loved every title and the console itself. But in this iteration I would more than likely go for XBOX One if I had to choose.

-Shiver

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »
I've been trying to save up for a ps4 or xbone for a few months, ideally I'd pc game but no room for a pc and my roommates are console gamers. GTA5 next Gen looks sweet.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:27:05 AM »
My Fathers PS3 and its issues have made me shy away a lot more from Sony than historically in the past. I loved PS1 and PS2, Loved every title and the console itself. But in this iteration I would more than likely go for XBOX One if I had to choose.

Well, I have no money to get either, so my chioce is simple - none. And I did not need to even look at this battle. Most games I like are still best played with mouse, so if I have the money, then I spendt them on PC or PC parts to make the games run better, the HW run stable and cold and that it is.
So the choice is done for me  ;)

I'd say given the consistent ability for overstatement, at least on the processor side of the equation, it was probably a mix of both over spec'd and over promised ability.

I think that the todays games are not yet well optimized for the hardware. The Playstation 3 is a good example, how the performance in games get up over time.
On the other hand, it took developers time to get things fast. And that is usually not what they get (the need time).

So maybe we get things a bit faster after some time, hopefully.

Also the resolution goes too much up, that it is becomming a problem for the hardware, so... you cannot expect miracles for small little (reasonably cheap) thing.

There is one very bad problem, tough. And that is, that the power (or more lack off) of these consoles do limit the games we are going to get. Most developers need to sell many compies, so that is why they need to make the game run on PC, Playstation and Xbox.
And that ruin their ideas, because they are constrained into the console performance and even then people will be bitching about not getting 60fps in 1920x1080 resolution... (not even GTX 660 can do that on WoT - most likely because of poor code)

And one more thing - playability of games does not depend on resolution, framerate and effects. The most fun I even had playing a game was, when I done the 4 joy adapter (connecting another 2 joysticks into Amiga parallel port) and with there friends we played Dynablaster - everyone against everyone.
The game is ughly (Amiga can do better) and uninteresting at first sight, but when you get into the play, it is like... whoa! Let's bomb each other to pieces, lol:
4 players demo (audio sync off): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-p-_3C6JpQ
2 german player play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PNVmfurzcY

...few times we played in 5 players (last one on keyboard, poor guy, lol) ... but it was hard to squeeze 5 people around one computer and small monitor, lol

But it was fun and my parents often complained about how much noise we made, as we have so much fun. And that game can run even on the poorest Amiga 500 with 7.14MHz Motorola 68000 CPU  ;D

So fun does not need 1 000 000 polygons and 1 000 enemies, 3D graphic and hi-res textures ;)
(if I can take Dynablaster 4 players or Crysis, then I will took the Dynablaster for sure)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal