Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: AGS - AutoTabber  (Read 4843 times)

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
Re: AGS - AutoTabber
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 02:17:59 PM »
Well, the box can be half of it's size and some cable clutter are not pretty, but maybe that get improved over time  ;D However I do wonder, since bass guitar have four strings, what happened to the last one?

And when the software let the editing to work? :)  Still, it looks good and hopefully it will work good too - I would solder the components to own PCB to make things smaller and mainly vibration-protected. I did not believe sockets when placed on things that do vibrate.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »
Thanks, both of you.

This project was my college capstone project, completed back in April 2009 and I am just sharing what our final report was. This has not been touched since it was "completed." and there are no plans to improve on it at this time (though I have learned a lot in the past four years and technology has advanced to where there are retail versions out that work on frequency analysis). It was a proof of concept prototype.

The fourth string had broken, we did not include any full body pictures of the guitar in our report as we had a physical demonstration of it too, to show it worked.

At some point I plan to put up my university capstone project, which is a reflow soldering oven using a toaster oven as the soldering oven and an Arduino + Windows GUI to control the solder profile/oven elements.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:01:49 PM by Arinoth »

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal