Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Computex In a Nutshell  (Read 1488 times)

Offline GaK_45

• Admin
    • View Profile
Computex In a Nutshell
« on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
So now that Computex is over and everyone has a chance to 'digest' it what were the big take aways for you?

For me:

Asus does a robot.... meh.

VR everywhere... possibly the future (which was NOT 3D)... if the game titles show up. Give me CoD, BF, FO4, Oblivion, and a good racing game and it may just succeed.

IoT everywhere... meh. Eventually everything will be connected but I dont see it happening soon... as nothing made be go 'shut up and take my money'. Instead its 'and now it can connect to the Interwebz!'/ Blarg.

Booth babes... everywhere. Glad to see SJW wankers still havent screwed up everything. Maybe "peak annoyance" is past us! :P

Intel... 6950X. 'nuff said... for better or worse. :P

AMD is in serious trouble, but the 480 shows promise at being a great bang for the buck... but they dont have anything ready to take on the NV GTX 1080 so expect premium cards to just keep on being insanely priced.

NV... is thinking about expanding 'beyond' just video cards (and games). Many have tried to branch out from their core area... few succeed. Will be interesting to see if NV can do it. BUT aiming at cars, AI, and the server market is pretty aggressive. In the mean time they are in a good position.

MS... missed an opportunity. Want to kill off PS4 and other consoles... make Windows 10 become the XBox. Use a built in VM for security and bam every PC becomes a 'console'. Instead it was 'oh yeah... we are going to do the whole VR thing too.... kinda sorta'. Blarg.

Bunch of smaller companies had some innovative ideas, cool to see the 'little guy' is pushing the envelope and not just the usual suspects (who mainly stumbled this year).

Illegitimi non carborundum!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline Bond007

• View Profile
Re: Computex In a Nutshell
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. I think the next 12 months are going to really show us if AMD has hope of fixing itself. The "next gen" APU isn't going to help IMO as its a revolution, not the evolution they require in CPUs and GPUs to regain solid relevance.

If the hype is correct then Polaris is going to be a massive gain on the gpu front. Then there is zen on the CPU front...a wild card that I hope can return competition in the CPU landscape. CPU advance has been saddening since bulldozer and only cutting it away as a lesson learned is going to progress the company. If only they had decided to die shrink Thuban instead.
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K @ 4.1ghz undervolted with Zalman Optima Cooler, Vengeance 2x4gb @ 1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB

Away from home light Gamer: Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, Vengeance 2x4gb, M500 240gb,

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:08:49 AM »
Oh hey look...Bethesda is 'remastering' Skyrim, a 2011 game...why or why didn't they actually put effort into it and say remaster an actually old classic of theirs such as Morrowind. Skyrim is going to be on the same engine...how is it remastering if all they'll probably be doing is 'borrowing' the HD content modders have implemented themselves and essentially calling it a day.

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:33:59 AM »
Oh hey look...Bethesda is 'remastering' Skyrim, a 2011 game...why or why didn't they actually put effort into it and say remaster an actually old classic of theirs such as Morrowind. Skyrim is going to be on the same engine...how is it remastering if all they'll probably be doing is 'borrowing' the HD content modders have implemented themselves and essentially calling it a day.

why not actually remaster some masterpieces and redo fallout 1 and 2 and tactics for Phone and tablet? these are simple to port games that would be great on a mobile device.

NO MORE LARPING GAMES!!! haha steam punk or future I am not interested in Skyrim but I do know its a great game
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:24:13 AM »
why not actually remaster some masterpieces and redo fallout 1 and 2 and tactics for Phone and tablet? these are simple to port games that would be great on a mobile device.

NO MORE LARPING GAMES!!! haha steam punk or future I am not interested in Skyrim but I do know its a great game

I'm not sure how much of a market or demand there is, but it would be a good idea and would help promote more of their games. There could be licensing issues though.

Offline GaK_45

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »

Hey its working for CoD Infinite boredom as they are 'remastering' MW1 and including it for an extra couple bucks... and yeah the cynical bastards are right as I will be picking it up just for MW1 remake. :(

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 06:10:52 AM »
Well...that is only a couple bucks, isn't the Skyrim Remastered going to be full retail price if you don't already own Skyrim with all the DLC?

Offline GaK_45

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »
I think its twenty bucks extra. But its still 80bucks for a retread and a remake. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal