Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Replacement to G15 Gen2  (Read 802 times)

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Replacement to G15 Gen2
« on: April 10, 2017, 07:18:27 AM »
As the title states, I am looking to replace my Logitech G15 Gen 2 keyboard that I've had over 7+ years to something a bit more modern and 'smaller'. I say smaller as I do not use any of the macro keys on the G15, my G602 mouse handles anything I need for that. I honestly don't care if it has an LCD screen or LED lighting, mainly something that'll last as long or longer then the G15.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement to G15 Gen2
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 07:45:47 AM »
As the title states, I am looking to replace my Logitech G15 Gen 2 keyboard that I've had over 7+ years to something a bit more modern and 'smaller'. I say smaller as I do not use any of the macro keys on the G15, my G602 mouse handles anything I need for that. I honestly don't care if it has an LCD screen or LED lighting, mainly something that'll last as long or longer then the G15.

Honestly I have had great luck with the K70 from Corsair they show up on sale or refurbished for $50-$79 from time to time as well

I use one at work and home and love both
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 07:45:47 AM »

Offline LPfan4ever

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 11:26:47 AM »
Yep, K70 would be my suggestion as well. Being able to clean the keyboard easily is a huge bonus in my books.

Offline Oelmuvun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 12:43:30 PM »
I honestly don't care if it has an LCD screen or LED lighting, mainly something that'll last as long or longer then the G15.
http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/UltraClassic

One of these should last you a good long while, and is more compact than the regular Classic.  ;D
You can also get this model with a pointing stick, in the form of the EnduraPro.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »
http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/UltraClassic

One of these should last you a good long while, and is more compact than the regular Classic.  ;D
You can also get this model with a pointing stick, in the form of the EnduraPro.

Again I swear they are sponsoring you Oelmuvun :P haha Classic is not always better as I lived through the Recalls of the Pinto :P
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 08:30:32 AM »
Unsure about the K70 as I don't think I'll be lucky enough to find a good sale on it at NCIX before my store credit expires there in may. I've been reading that the Romer keys in the G810 are quiet for mechanical keys, I'd like to lean towards a slightly 'quieter' mechanical keyboard if possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal