Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: HWBOT Country Cup 2016  (Read 5552 times)

Offline Dead Things

• View Profile
HWBOT Country Cup 2016
« on: October 05, 2015, 02:53:28 PM »
Hey guess what? It's next year already! HWBOT's annual Country Cup competition is on now until December 23. Always a lot of fun, as overclockers all across Canada #ComeTogether to compete for the honour and the glory. Let's show the world that honour is spelled with a 'U'! And they can also spell gloury with a 'U' if they want to! We wouldn't have a problem with that!

Here are the competition stages under contention:

Stage 1: 8S-50P | x265 1080P: Fifty points are available in Stage 1. Eight submissions required
Only use processors using socket LGA1150, LGA1151 socket.

Stage 2: 6S-50P | SuperPI 32M: Fifty points up for grabs in Stage 2. Six submissions required
Only use processors using socket LGA1155.

Stage 3: 5S-40P | 3DMark03: Forty points available. Five submissions needed
a videocard with the G92, G92 GTS, G92', G92'', G92''', G92-150, G92b, G92b', G92b'', G92M, G92M', G92M''', G94, G94', G94'', G94M, G96, G96', G96'', G96M, G96M', G96M'', G98, G98"', G98', G98'', G98M core

Stage 4: 5S-40P | 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme: Forty points available, five submissions needed
a videocard manufactured by AMD

Stage 5: 5S-40P | GPUPI for CPU 1B: Forty points, five submissions
Only use processors from the K10 (10h), Bulldozer (15h gen1), Piledriver (15h gen2), Steamroller (15h gen3), Excavator (15h gen4) family.

Stage 6: 1S-30P | 3DMark Vantage Performance: Just one submission needed to claim 30 points. No pressure
a processor manufactured by AMD
a Nvidia GeForce 900 series videocard

And the prizes... oooh the prizes!

Winning Country:
G.SKILL F4-4000C19D-16GTZKW
G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW
G.SKILL F4-3733C17D-16GTZSW
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6
GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra
Kingpincooling Combo Pack (F1 Dark + Tek-9 FAT)
EVGA Epower

Second Place:
G.SKILL F4-4000C19D-16GTZKW
G.SKILL F4-3733C17D-16GTZSW
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6
GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra
Kingpincooling Venom
EVGA Epower

Third Place:
G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6
GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra
EVGA Epower

3DMark Vantage Performance Bounty (i.e., winner of Stage 6):
Open Benchtable

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:57:42 PM by Dead Things »
@dt_oc on Twitter

Offline RapidQuick

• View Profile
Re: HWBOT Country Cup 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »
Just planting the seeds. HWBOT's annual Country Cup competition is coming up in November. Always a lot of fun, as overclockers all across Canada #ComeTogether to compete for the honour and the glory. Let's show the world that honour is spelled with a 'U'! And they can also spell gloury with a 'U' if they want to! We wouldn't have a problem with that!

Ahem, un-Canadian chest-pounding aside, I'll post more info once more becomes available. Looking forward to it!

Never heard of this, care to explain eh?

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »
If I was still in bc I would have hardware for every tier. This year I'll try and throw some support in where I can.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline micul

• Overclock addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 07:47:40 PM »
Will be fun to see what are the hardware requirements  .

Offline Dead Things

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »
Never heard of this, care to explain eh?
It's an overclocking / benchmarking competition. What's neat about it, though, is that - in years past at least - it includes an awful lot of different stages for all kinds of different hardware. So whether you're rawking a shiny new system or still keeping it old school, there's usually at least one stage you can compete in.
@dt_oc on Twitter

Offline RapidQuick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 02:15:20 PM »
It's an overclocking / benchmarking competition. What's neat about it, though, is that - in years past at least - it includes an awful lot of different stages for all kinds of different hardware. So whether you're rawking a shiny new system or still keeping it old school, there's usually at least one stage you can compete in.

Sounds awesome!

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 06:48:50 AM »
Hopefully there is something I can compete with too :) It suxx to recieve a K6 only after the competition is done. That is kinda too late...  ;D http://hwbot.org/submission/2996958_

So the number of ties give me some hope that I should compete with at least something. Too bad Soul did not joined the Teamcup 2015 - at least a little help could come a long way there  :)  And I get to work on low AMD clock too.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline RapidQuick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »
Hopefully there is something I can compete with too :) It suxx to recieve a K6 only after the competition is done. That is kinda too late...  ;D http://hwbot.org/submission/2996958_

So the number of ties give me some hope that I should compete with at least something. Too bad Soul did not joined the Teamcup 2015 - at least a little help could come a long way there  :)  And I get to work on low AMD clock too.

Just looked at your pics on that link. You need a new monitor and keyboard bro, its 2015.

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 03:18:35 PM »
Just looked at your pics on that link. You need a new monitor and keyboard bro, its 2015.

Trodas is a time Traveler who lives in a post World War III bomb shelter some say, others say he travels between dimensions like Rick and Morty and his Dimension is filled with hardware from the 90s.

Either way his ghetto hardware is awesome :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:32:06 PM by Soullessone21 »
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline RapidQuick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 05:13:35 PM »
Trodas is a time Traveler who lives in a post World War III bomb shelter some say, others say he travels between dimensions like Rick and Morty and his Dimension is filled with hardware from the 90s.

Either way his ghetto hardware is awesome :)

That beige though! Would be ok at least if his keyboard was a Model M IBM.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
RapidQuick -

True, but I need sponsor for that  ;) Besides, the keyboard is fine and for old-school Socket 7 is 15' CRT monitor fine. If you can throw away some LCD monitors, then I would be catching  ;D  (but shipping will cost somethig, right, Soul?)

That beige though! Would be ok at least if his keyboard was a Model M IBM.

Baige is fine. You can quess on what CPU I type this message anyway :) It may surprise you... :) And of course on another baige keyboard... :) They are good for me. The IBM one you talking about I had once. But these keys do click too much and need a long press... impractic. Even my father hrow that crap out  ;)
He moved to old-school Siemens keyboard, which is IMHO also terrible. But when there are many machines running, then I need every keyboard and mouse I can get. I use even some ball mices, as I have shortage of components when many things should be running at once  :P

Soullessone21 -
Trodas is a time Traveler who lives in a post World War III bomb shelter some say, others say he travels between dimensions like Rick and Morty and his Dimension is filled with hardware from the 90s. Either way his ghetto hardware is awesome :)

Nah, things are already getting slowly more modern. While it is true, that my best clocking CPU is the P4 670 ( http://valid.x86.fr/vygery ), then thanks to YOU I can play some modern games too, when I want, so modernization go on :) Currently I waiting on the case fans and then I could finish my Xeon build that will hopefully prove to be usable and more modern machine for daily work and even capable of some gaming, while still running on WinXP  ;)

Yes, there are shortcommings like I need max 1G ram for graphis card, yet still it should have some power - witch is difficut choice - but all it all it should work. It already prove that it can run WinXP, when I modify the install CD (w/o the modification it crash on beginning of the install, regardless of overclocking settings): http://hwbot.org/submission/2936189_

Now the question is only - why when I modify English WinXP install things works, but when I modify Czech WinXP install, things won't work (won't install). I quess that I have to obtain a different WinXP build and perhaps do it manual way, w/o the help of nLite... So I have long way to go, when I did not like Win7 system and noisy computers  ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline micul

• Overclock addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »
Prepare your self . We will need any submission posible

http://oc-esports.io/#!/article/3146/hwbot_country_cup_2015_kicks_off_november_1st

Offline RapidQuick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 11:30:43 AM »

Offline micul

• Overclock addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »
We need some help with our submissions .
You don't need to have the latest and the greatest hardware .
Stage 1 will be the stage that will make a difference . 

If you need more info PM and i will assist you

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 03:40:49 PM »
We need some help with our submissions .
You don't need to have the latest and the greatest hardware .
Stage 1 will be the stage that will make a difference . 

If you need more info PM and i will assist you

PM me, I have a x79 6 core rig and 290x right now only till retail edge, but I would love to help where I can

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal