Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: HWC team is asleep, what about to wake them up?  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Dead Things

• View Profile
Re: HWC team is asleep, what about to wake them up?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »
Hi RHR. Nice to meet you.  ;D
@dt_oc on Twitter

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »
Hey hey dead things long time no talk to, we should... check that must grab a beer one of these days soon. Would love to see what the mad Dr has been working on.

WELCOME!
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »

Offline Dead Things

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Soul! I have to admit, I have been quite out of whatever loop(s) may still exist, only recently reemerging thanks to the Team Cup at the bot, which has got me excited about overclocking again. A pity that post-apocalyptic HWC is a desolate ruin, a hollow husk of its former self.

I like to drink beer. Are you still out in cowboy country? 'Cuz I'm still in the centre of the universe.
@dt_oc on Twitter

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 11:43:31 AM »
Anytime and I miss the old crew there :( was and still has a great group of people but change is good. I am in cow country but do travel to the center of the universe here and there.

Was planning on going again in the next few months :)

What are you running these days for your oc rigs? You should post them up in the build log sections I always remember your rigs being epic.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline Dead Things

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »
Make it known when you are next coming to town, and we will with absolute certainty drink beer in close proximity to each other. It might even form the basis for an excuse to get the band back together, if you know what I mean.

I don't know about "epic" per se, but a little Tualatin Fury tickled my fancy in all the right places... http://hwbot.org/submission/2956709_
@dt_oc on Twitter

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 12:04:44 PM »
Welcome DT to this little side of the internet. Now that I've said hello I suppose I should back to reviewing video games, gotta keep my overlord John here happy ;)

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »
Welcome DT to this little side of the internet. Now that I've said hello I suppose I should back to reviewing video games, gotta keep my overlord John here happy ;)

It's your other overlord GaK you must fear he is armed.

DT that fury is awesome putting the hba one to shame

Offline Dead Things

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »
Howdy 'Noth! Long time...

fury is awesome
I know, eh? When I first saw the Team Cup stage for it, I splooged in my pants. Getting a chance to break it out is what really got me pumped up for the Team Cup this year.

The 2014 Team Cup was a rather large disappointment. HWC was a real ghost town then (it actually seems a bit better now), and I just wasn't feeling up for doing the whole thing all by my lonesome. Even though I did most of the 2013 stages for us, at least I had my partner in crime Gav777 to keep me company and post some awesome scores. So I was stoked this year when I saw trodas post some scores right off the bat. It's supposed to be a team event, after all. Talking about which... sure could use a bit of help...  ;)

edit - Got my avatar up, making myself right at home...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:29:02 PM by Dead Things »
@dt_oc on Twitter

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 08:26:07 AM »
That's a badass avatar and g777 is a great guy I have bought tons of gear from him :)

I would join you for ocing but I really need to hunt down 2 360 or 480 that are no taller then 124mm Daz sells them but scared of talking to my wife about buying computer gear hahahha

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 03:42:36 PM »
Well, then try some old-hardware. You can mostly get it for free ;) And it is fun... except when battling more that downclocking the bugs of CPU-Z and other software. I mean... I recapped in 2008 for friend a mainboard, that can do 7.14MHz FSB = ideal for lowest CPU-Z clocks, right?
Wrong. Since that time, when validation worked (at least the clock was right: http://valid.x86.fr/9b88hu ), it won't work anymore, as I find out today.

It show no CPU clock, 50MHz FSB BS and that it is... Yes, it looks bad when PCI bus has to run at 3.75MHz:

...but it mainly did NOT validate :(

Speed, compared to original IBM XT at 4.77MHz, at 10.7MHz with killed caches:

Pentium 90 at 10.7MHz caches off:

Pentium 90 at 10.7MHz:

Pentium 90 at 10.7MHz detection:

...booting time to Windows XP - 19min, before something on the desktop start moving  ;D
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Dead Things

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 10:40:45 AM »
Ha ha, that 8088 got pwned!  :o
@dt_oc on Twitter

Offline micul

• Overclock addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »
That's a badass avatar and g777 is a great guy I have bought tons of gear from him :)

I would join you for ocing but I really need to hunt down 2 360 or 480 that are no taller then 124mm Daz sells them but scared of talking to my wife about buying computer gear hahahha

The part with your wife is really scary . I am in the same boat , plus i have to find a cheaper place to buy LN2 . 3$/L kills me any time when i fill up .  Hopefully in the winter i will try to practice more

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 12:19:07 PM »
Dead Things -
Ha ha, that 8088 got pwned!  :o

Almost :) However any attempt to validate by CPU-Z is tiresome at best:

But I working my arse off on fixing this as well, as I can - keaboard controller mod - now it use own crystal, so it should not be dependent on the FSB clock. There you have few preliminary pics of the replacement:

...the bigger blobs of tin on few of the lefgs (too big holes, tin get thru) will be fixed later :)

BTW, I think I know how to do BSEL = 0 on the board. The BSEL = 1 is triggered by connecting 10k resistor to +Vcc (3.5V). Disconecting it, soldering it into one leg, up into the air and connecting the high leg with ground force the BSEL = 0, according to this PDF guide:
http://web.archive.org/web/20000919074447/http://www.icst.com/pdf/9169c-27.pdf

The BSEL = 0 thing will mean that the PCI clock will be locked at 32MHz regardless of FSB, except the 7.14MHz "thing" :) That should help a lot for overclocking!
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »
With new GFX card (ATI Rage XL PCI) the display is fixed at 7.14MHz FSB:

With the latest CPU-Z beta I get the validation of 10.7MHz: http://valid.x86.fr/1qbfwj
...so I submit the lowest CPU-Z score on HWbot: http://hwbot.org/submission/2987009_

Also I manage the Aquamark lowest score 2: http://hwbot.org/submission/2980283_ Witch is also unbeatable. Took me 3 days short of one MONTH  ;D  ;)

So to put long story short, I would once again stress that it might be worth that some of you, guys, who have quite powerfull hardware, could step it and just for the Teamcup 2015 join again HWC team on HWbot and try do some good scores  ;) Just for few days - ending 30.9.2015.

The low scores I have pretty much covered (only the AMD lowest clock slipped out of my grasp, because I lack AMD K6 3+, witch have a software multiplier control, so I could set the 7.14MHz FSB to x2 multi, giving me a 14.28MHz - and hard to beat low clock score  ;) ), but some fast scores could be helpfull to do.

Pretty please with suggar on the top?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal