Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: HWC team is asleep, what about to wake them up?  (Read 4379 times)

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
HWC team is asleep, what about to wake them up?
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:45:40 PM »
Hey, look who is asleep! :) Whole HWC HWbot team is asleep and I have to make then no.1:

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015_sc2/2360/aquamark3_lowest_score

Now they WILL have to fix the nVidia Vanta LT bug, that cause their wrapper to return bogus 0 result, lol ... because this IS a valid score, according to them: http://hwbot.org/submission/2938695_

...and I'm not even Canadian! So guys, wake up. I can give a good, valid scores for the lowest marks (already made valid and true 179, working on even lower one), but there are scores like 3DMark Fire Strike (and FS Extreme) that I cannot even run, much less to give some good output. So hopefully someone wake up and support me there  ;)

I know, that RHR is not HWC, but I still would suggest that all Canadians wake up and produce at least some scores that I cannot produce, when I did not have the hardware need :)  Just for fun, guys! :)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Oelmuvun

• View Profile
Re: HWC team is asleep, what about to wake them up?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
Wait hold on a second.
The lowest score?
Is this something my K6-2 and RAGE Pro could run?
What are the system reqs for this benching app?

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 02:50:32 AM »
Yep, lowest score. My Duron 750 (downclocked to 500MHz) with nVidia Vanta LT at 25/30MHz downlocked (sadly that is the cursed driver limit) is working second day on the Aquamark to pass  ;D

Yep, your K6-2 and Rage Pro is more that welcome. If you can downclock it, then you qualify. Nothing else that the wallpaper is required - and run by Aquamark wrapper, witch produce the verification file. That it is. Easy.

Sadly Powerstrip failed me on the downclock, gotta look for older version or something that does support radical downclocking of my Rage 128 Pro. You will quickly find, that not even 8MHz on FX 5200 produce low-enought score (get 309, grrrr!) ...

http://hwbot.org/submission/2937790_

Grrrrrrr!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:55:58 AM by trodas »
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:23:38 AM »
Is Hardocp competing this year? Steve and his crew have been far more helpful and polite to us then the HWC crew but to each their own :)
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline yzfraven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 12:56:37 PM »
Okay does RHR have a team yet

I still have old duron and baord in my rubbermaid with old pc parts.
guess will have to take them out tonight
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:58:48 PM by yzfraven »
MSI Z97 Gaming 5, 4770K @4.2GHz,CM Nepton 280L,HyperX 16GB ,Kingston V300 series 240GB SSD ,WD 750GB, MSI Radeon R9 380 4GD5T OC. Evga SuperNOVA 750 B2. NZXT Source 530, V243H LCD

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »
Okay does RHR have a team yet

Sadly I do not think we are big enough yet maybe next year :)
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline yzfraven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »
Yes it is, come on
MSI Z97 Gaming 5, 4770K @4.2GHz,CM Nepton 280L,HyperX 16GB ,Kingston V300 series 240GB SSD ,WD 750GB, MSI Radeon R9 380 4GD5T OC. Evga SuperNOVA 750 B2. NZXT Source 530, V243H LCD

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 02:13:39 PM »
Meanwhile you guys can just practice and try out some of your hardware and what could be pushed from it. There is plenty of tests that require not obscure, ancient HW, but a new one  ;) Like the 3D Mark Fire Strike tests.

Offline yzfraven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
I will have to start getting back into OCing, only have 3.3pts in HWC
Need to boost it.

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:28 PM »
I will build a RHR OC team account, who wants to team lead it?

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 02:22:42 AM »
I would say you, because of the sheer number of hardware to bench and experience, but OTOH I understand you cannot do everything ... so hopefully there could be someone else who can step it  ;)

yzfraven -
I will have to start getting back into OCing, only have 3.3pts in HWC. Need to boost it.

Me too :) I suxx recently, so... time to push the limits  ;D

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 02:41:07 PM »
Do you guys have some serious 775 mainboard that could push serious (insane will be better, you know...) voltages into some multicore Xeon 771 - modified for 775? The Cinebench 15 x64 bit test for Socket 775 most definitively call for it. Mine Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800 @ 3.4GHz can do only 165 points:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2941029_
First place there is 556 points:
http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015_sc1/2215/cinebench_r15_lga775
http://hwbot.org/submission/2934652_

5GHz Core 2 Q9650 Yorkfield did it. But this suxxker clunker have only 4 cores/threads. If there is quad or six core with HT, it will blow him out of the water... but sadly I did not managed to find six core 771/775 Xeon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors
...and even the quadcores have no HT, with is essential in this test. W/O HT the speed is halved :(

Anyone?

Also with the new lowest CPU-Z frequency challenge I could use some help. Mainly I could use Asus TXP4-X mainboard:
http://forums.realhardwarereviews.com/buying-selling-and-trading/%28wtb%29-asus-txp4-x-yes-a-socket-7-mainboard-%28pentium-1%29/

Anyone could help?

Offline yzfraven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 09:08:16 PM »

I would say you Trodas be team leader
I'll be your master chief..

I would say you, because of the sheer number of hardware to bench and experience, but OTOH I understand you cannot do everything ... so hopefully there could be someone else who can step it  ;)

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 02:14:17 AM »
A man with almost zero experience in overclocking and w/o any world records - and most importantly - w/o any interesting hardware to produce some scores, should lead? LOL

That is IMHO not a good idea, but Im flattered  ;)

Yet ATM I would suggest only supporting sleepy HWC to get a hand on HWbot  ;) Changing teams later is possible and easy. But mainly what is need is supporting and active users. And there come second problem - since I'm located overseas, then even if someone find something that I desperately missing to make better score, then it cost "arm and leg" to ship to me and it also took close to 2 months (IIRC) before it arive.
Not good.

Give you an example - my friend, for whom I fixed the Asus TXP4-X mobo, is promising to look for it for... year and something. With such speed, one can die long before any good score can be made. And the trick I have in mind is rather simple - Asus TXP4-X, flashed as Asus TX97-XE, use undocumented switch combination = get FSB 7.14MHz. (this was tested and works)
As CPU use Pentium Overdrive chip. Switch the fan on it off, it will automatically switch to x1 multiplier for safety  8) Bingo, you get a 7.14MHz CPU = you definitively win lowest CPU-Z CPU MHz clock  ;)

Next step - if the mobo can sync this, it might take like 6MHz by changing the base clock crystal to lower value...  ;) The possibilities are endless...  ;D But you need to have the hardware that let you play.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »
BTW, a good example of hardware need is this test:
http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015_sc3/2355/lowest_memory_clock_sandy_bridge
Stage 1 - Lowest Memory Clock Sandy Bridge Try to beat Cowcotland's score of 532.3 MHz.

Soooo... who have a Sandy Bridge & some interesting mainboard that allow good overclocking and downclocking settings?  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal