Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Let's Talk about Drivers  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Let's Talk about Drivers
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:27:56 AM »
On the weekend I had a Alpha Game installer destroy my GPU driver.
Corrupted beyond reinstall or windows based uninstall.

So I grabbed a app I have not tried in some time and was in awe of how great it worked
That Application is Display Driver Uninstaller

Found here:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Watched as this completely cleaned all messed up Nvidia drivers from my system and left it squeaky clean. Installed the newest drivers after a restart and it worked flawlessly

If your having any driver issues make sure to give this application a shot really was impressed with it so I thought I would share
The devs say this
"Recommended usage

• The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
  • Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
  • It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Keep note that NVIDIA/AMD did not have anything to do with this, I do not work at or for NVIDIA/AMD and they should not be held responsible for anything that may go wrong with this application."
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline LPfan4ever

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Talk about Drivers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:57:51 AM »
DDU is the best. I use it religiously at work despite them crying that it's not an approved tool.

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:57:51 AM »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:21:46 AM »
DDU is the best. I use it religiously at work despite them crying that it's not an approved tool.

Great to hear and I will be doing the same. was impressed here with some laptops that installed the dell intel drivers by default. ran it to remove those and got the newest ones from intel. Made the multiple monitor support work far better.

thanks for chiming in
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal