Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Great Post-Apocalyptic movie... The Salute Of The Jugger.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline funguseater

• View Profile
Great Post-Apocalyptic movie... The Salute Of The Jugger.
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Ok so there are a lot of apocalyptic type movies around, but this pic focus's on a team playing a brutal futuristic sport (kind of like football with weapons) in the wastelands and leaves just hints of the technologically advanced rulers and world. If you like Fallout or have read Piers Anthony's Battle Circle books you should really give this movie a go. The best uncut version is called Giochi Di Morte The Salute Of The Jugger /1990 and it has an english track don't worry. I dont want to give away the plot so go watch it.   ;)   I also highly recommend reading the Battle Circle books, interesting focus on how society would function.

Hope you enjoy!
Fungi

Offline GaK_45

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Great Post-Apocalyptic movie... The Salute Of The Jugger.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 09:24:44 PM »
Huh sounds like ruger haughers Blood of Heroes. Will have to give it a shot. Thanks
Illegitimi non carborundum!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 09:24:44 PM »

Offline funguseater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 01:14:32 AM »
Might be the same movie actually.  Yep just checked same film different name, still a great flick.  Can't believe I missed this one before now.

Offline GaK_45

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
Cool.

Yeah it was a pretty damn good movie considering its budget was less than most pepsi commercials. :P

The only problem with it...is there is too much refined metals (especially 'stainless' types that dont rust worth a shit) for it to become THE currency of choice.  You are more likely to see 22 shorts or 22 LRs become 'money' than refined metal.  Other than that...very entertaining movie.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline funguseater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »
I agree about the money, I always thought shell casings would make good trade items cause  its not too hard to mix up some dirty propellent and pour some  lead rounds, but I sure couldn't make a casing. Probably devolve to muzzleloaders pretty quick.

I really enjoy the grimy downtrodden people, so beaten and scrabbling away at dead crops in the wasteland.  Yet willing to give up "scrap" and cheer on their boys.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal