Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 981 times)

Offline Doogel

• View Profile
No Man's Sky
« on: August 11, 2016, 10:40:02 PM »
Hi,

Are you as addicted to No Man's Sky as i am?
I thought i start a thread where we all can share our thoughts and opinions about the game.

Most importantly i want to start a collection of funny planet names you come across ;)

I have a few screenshots of planet names that i will add later when i am back at my PC.

Have a nice day.
/Doogel

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 06:06:55 AM »
I have been hearing VERY mixed reviews for the Playstation 4 version which has made me very weary of picking up the game for PC.

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 06:06:55 AM »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 06:58:52 AM »
I have heard similar that's my fear in buying it, hate to spend $69-$89 on a game I might play only once :(

Oh and Doogel Welcome to the forum.

I would love to see some more images from the game and hear about whats really driving you to enjoy or dislike it :)

thanks
-Soul
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline enaberif

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 11:08:38 PM »
So.. I read the reviews.. Heard the moans and groans.. Heard the yays and nays and bit the bullet.

Thoughts?

Well if your looking for a FPS this is not it.

I put a few hours into this game tonight and you are basically going around collecting raw materials to build different gear and equipment for different purposes. You also seem to learn a language to help understand a alien raced referred to as the Korvax. If you enjoy a game where there is no real set purpose, at least from what I've seen so far.. And enjoy just exploring and gathering then I'd say go for it.

My one complaint about the game is the controls which made me really think my game was stuck in 1650 mode but later found out for most mouse clicks its a matter of clicking and holding.

Also you are unable to stack at this moment or at least I haven't been able too.

Planets are bloody HUGE and you will spend a lot of time traveling around in your ship as running just doesn't cover the distance enough.

Once I set my resolution properly, set the FPS to 90 and turned off vsync the game has been running pretty good. I've only had one glitch where the entire game slowed itself completely down it was unplayable.

Will it be worth the price tag for you? That will have to be up to you.

But so far I've had plenty of upgrades to my resource gun which allows for faster mining and a cooling add on to help it not overheat as fast. I was lucky and my initial planet was a lot like earth and very easy to travel around on.

Offline Doogel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 12:35:59 AM »
Hi again, so i am posting this from my phone and will add more pictures later but here is my initial impression of the game after playing it for several hours.

It is confusing and exiting at first and the thought of you naming planets and specious for everyone else that will discover them after you is amazing.

The hype wears off after 3 to 4 hours though as you realize that the universe is several trillion planets big and you are all alone :( the game will quickly turn into gronding for recourses fest so you can keep your lifesupport and ship fuelled.

The graphics and different planets filled with space stations and such are absolutely stunning but not being able to put up or build a home base, in a vast iniverse like this, makes you ignore a lot and disconnect emotionally from the game which will cause an experience that repeats over and over again.

There is a good base for a potentially great game here but it needs a LOT of improvement.

Is it worth $60? 
No not at the moment, if you want to be amongst those naming the universe you have to, unfortunately, pay that price as the possibility will shrink the longer you wait. If you just want to play a great space exploration game i do recommend investing into Elite Dangerous.

I am sorry about some of the typos as my fingers are a bit big for the galaxy s7 keyboard :p
Yours truly 
Doogel

Offline Doogel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 11:46:34 PM »
Here are a few things/features  i wish the game had:

-the ability to build/design and upgrade your own ship so you can get attached to it, i swapped ship about 10 times already. Doesn't need to have the most detailed ship design options.

-fix the bugs that spawn houses or target location, including the people you have to meet, inside rocks and mountains. (Sure they are working on it)

-Add that oh so promised multiplayer.

-Make the navigation and fligjt close to surfaces more managable, at the momen the ship controls terrible close to planet surfaces, maybe add a landing craft for that.

More impressions and thoughts to come.
/Doogel
Have a nice day

Ps: this was posted from my phone on my way home from the office again

Offline Doogel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 05:31:05 AM »
Ok here is my final and last conclusion of the, oh so controversial game.

I did enjoy the game even with all it's shortcomings for about 30hours (it makes the game-play a lot better if you mod the game, i am using 7 mods)

The only thing you can do is explore and the reason to explore is to get credits, you mine to get credits, you collect to get credits and so on... but as soon as you have the ship you want there is no further need for credits and therefore no need to explore, mine and collect anymore, all you will end up doing is refilling your hyper-drive just to get to the most disappointing end in gaming history.

the question is, is it worth $60? No it is not!

/Doogel

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 06:34:34 PM »
Its sad to hear a review like that about this game, considering it had a lot of great potential.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Maybe in time they can refine it and add some more content to it to help the player experience.

I was going to pick it up, but not for what they are asking, that's for sure.

-Shiver

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal