Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Tankers Unite!  (Read 13427 times)

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Tankers Unite!
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:47:56 PM »
Alright Forum Members, who here plays World of Tanks?

Feel free to hit me up if you see me in game.
I go by the handle of Wolfrum.

If you don't know what I am taking about, go here:

http://worldoftanks.com/

Quite possibly one of the best FTP games I have played, and will continue to play into the future.

-Soul

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tankers Unite!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »
I shall join ur tankers if you join my Mechwarriors:p
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 03:47:29 AM »
I won't join that, because my hardware is too poor to move this game around ;) But it can be fun...  ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:44:47 PM »
Time to upgrade then Trodas :P

-Soul

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
I wish I can. ATM I was struggling as it is. But hey - maybe I can manage to run my Opteron 148 + 8600 GT - that could do it for the World of Tanks?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »
Yeah that probably wouldn't quite be enough.

It struggles on more than that, hopefully one day mate.

-Soul

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 02:57:48 AM »
Well, that is the fastest I ever get my hands on :-[

And it was (once) well overclockable, now it struggling to even get it back to work stable at default speeds ( http://forums.soullessone21.ca/help-wanted/suggested-settings-for-mushkin-enhanced-pc3200 ), so, good to know that World of Tanks are somewhat more hungry for computing power and graphic card...  But we can hope? What is the playable demands of this game anyway?

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »
As of late with all the graphics updates you need at least an i3 and 650 with 4GB of RAM to make it workable. Sadly.
It used to require much less (I did it on an E4700 and a 9600GSO at one point) but the engine has had massive updates since then.

-Soul

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »
Oh my... so much for free online game ;D
I never had even in my hands such powerfull machine, still struggling with my P4 and maybe I can get some usable rams and try my Opteron 148, but that it is. Also the graphic requirments are somewhat high, you really mean GTX 650?

Oh, by watching this video:

(tough it is pretty jerky at 720p on my machine)
...I got the idea that you are serious. There is too much objects, most of them destructable (sadly not buildings, or at least not by tank movement) and while zooming in, there is even a field of vision and so on... I like the nice wast and open landscape. And since the reload time is extreme, the game surely require some strategic thinking. Rush in is probably bad idea - so I can see where the popularity of this game lies in. No wonder.
The hardware requirments are a bit step, tough...

When it look like this:
http://mmohuts.com/wp-content/gallery/world-of-tanks-overview/world-of-tanks-aiming-2.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/08/World-of-Tanks-highway-tank.jpg
...then it probably can run with the lesser HW requirments, true.

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
Even run at a complete minimum (have tried on a Lappy that has a Quadro) it stalls, there is enough lag and stuttering that you are more of a liability to your team than an asset. I guess you'll have to wait till either they can dial it down more, or you have a bit better HW to play.

If you weren't in the Czech Rep. I would send you an older but usable C2D. That would work much better.

-Soul

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 08:34:15 AM »
Even in the video (when I play it at 360p only, 720p is slow there) are some lagging and jerking visible, right at the start, when the player try to look aroud... That is damn shame, but I quess we cannot complain for a free game.
Oh, well, thanks for the Core Duo offer, unfortunetely the MSI PM8M3-V mainboard does not support Core Duo CPU's in rev. 1.0 of the PCB:
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/PM8M3-V.html#?div=CPUSupport
...so a Pentium 4 670 (3.8GHz, 2MB L2) is the fastest I could use there. The Pentium D 960 (3.6GHz, 65nm, Presler, Dual Core, FSB800, L2 Cache 2x2MB) in the latest revision of PCB supported is still not Core Duo by all means... so no luck there either.

That, combined with 6800 GT running in PCI mode (!) will definitively turn the game into a slideshow and if I cannot aim well, then I will be really just a lame duck in shooting range. Nothing like this guy in the video is showing... :(

But I find interesting the shooting thru the foliage. How does that works? I mean... the red silouetes of the enemy tanks are visible only when? I would quess that when some other member of our team spot them, so there is a spotting function?
How does it work?

I cannot try it by myself, so I gotta ask...  ;) I tried to download the installer and run it, it install, but then failed :) Windows 2000 SP4 seems to be only half-supported, lol. At least I register my nick, before someone else will do it, lol. 0 Battles, tough ;D

Autoload for four fast rounds seems to pay off well:

The whole credit system looks pretty robust to me and almost terrifying on the first sight...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:04:46 AM by trodas »

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 08:57:58 AM »
This SU-100 gameplay is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyH8Fv0ub4

Damn clever british suxxka!

This guy, on the other hand, have many good ideas, yet as he tried to demonstrate then, it almost always fail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uakNw4i5xPg

But still a interesting play he show up :) Sometimes this is pretty hard. Do people face so good and experienced players even from the beginning?  ???

Drowning tanks? Possible, lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFaPhSEUNRY

...and a epic one man win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuKnGypsfI
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:49:11 PM by trodas »

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
Yes, you can face good players right from the start. Even I roll in my Tier 2 tanks on a daily basis to keep my skills sharp, and to teach those on my team what to do and what not to do.

Problem with your setup is it needs more than just a mainboard upgrade to keep current. Your OS and GPU would need tweaking as well in order to gain enough ground to play the damn game.

That being said once in its a blast. I'm currently doing beta for other Wargamming ventures and I gotta admit its fun :)

-Soul

Offline LPfan4ever

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 10:26:01 PM »
I can't wait to get my rig back together, so I can pew pew again with you guys. I know I'm gonna get sucked into the premium buying pit again though...

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 07:17:21 AM »
Anytime you're ready to join me in the fight again LP I will be there.

-Soul

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal