Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Gaming and Recording Station soon to be upgraded  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Gaming and Recording Station soon to be upgraded
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:41:44 AM »
My kids did Xmas light my desk up but this morning I took a photo of it before the new GPU's and Motherboard show up :)
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
Re: Gaming and Recording Station soon to be upgraded
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:29:48 PM »
This looks cool, lol. THERE monitors, wow.

The LianLi test bench is looking interesting... but do you have enough space for your legs? Especially now, when one of them need proper cooling...
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:29:48 PM »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »
This looks cool, lol. THERE monitors, wow.

The LianLi test bench is looking interesting... but do you have enough space for your legs? Especially now, when one of them need proper cooling...

Shockingly there is lots of room at my desk :) I sat there for hours before the wife and kids moved here playing games with zero issues.

The rig is getting a massive overhaul shortly and after Xmas all custom built case
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:47:05 AM »
About the recording - since I cannot imagine that there are PCs, that could w/o serious speed penalty record what they are showing on the screen by Fraps (when I do one simple screenshot in WOT, then it lag for like 5-6sec badly), then I was interesed on how there could be done the recording differently.

And I come to Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD PCIE x1 card:

http://www.avermedia-usa.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=503

That can using splitter record what is happening on the screen on, for example other PC, witch eliminate the speed penalty completely. Very interesting.

I stumbled upon this because on OC AU user contacted me, asking if some picture faults could be fixed by recapping his FX 5200 card that he use on gaming box for old games... Some samples of his reconding work (at right/bottom part of screen you can notice the errors in the 2nd sample using VGA output - DVI (1st sample) seems to be fine):

Very interesting, tough I must ask him, how the resulting video will look when there is non-stop fast 3D action  ;D
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 07:15:44 AM »

Gaming station reborn

Now with a bigger desk and a whole new rig :)

Main rig hooked up to this is in the Ronin build and will be showed off more shortly :)

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
There kinda big looking monitors :) That looks like virtual reality, huh? Can graphic card render (have the power?) on all there monitors some game(s)...? Show us that in an action:) How big these are, anyway? IIRC 27" or something that you say, compared to the chair they looks pretty big.

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
There kinda big looking monitors :) That looks like virtual reality, huh? Can graphic card render (have the power?) on all there monitors some game(s)...? Show us that in an action:) How big these are, anyway? IIRC 27" or something that you say, compared to the chair they looks pretty big.

This is my PNY 770 4GB Gaming rig sadly those are only 3 22" Dell screens it powers through those 1080P screens without issues.

Switching to a 4k screen shortly only a 28" thought

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »
There 22' is still much better that my single 19' one :) Still impressive that the GTX 770 can manage to deliver that much pixels at once... These screens have kinda many pixels - 1920x1080 = 2 073 600 for one display, 6 220 800 for all there.

So you effectively run a 6K resolution already :o

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal