Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Pull Apart Pepperoni Garlic Knots  (Read 681 times)

Online LPfan4ever

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Pull Apart Pepperoni Garlic Knots
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:50:52 PM »
Reddit struck my fat tooth again. Had a family gathering and made these things, everybody loved them. Adapted from this recipe to be more cheesy and replaced the parsley with herbs with stronger flavour - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/easy-pull-apart-pepperoni-garlic-bread-recipe.html

Pull Apart Pepperoni Garlic Knots

Ingredients:
-   2 tablespoons unsalted butter
-   2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
-   4 ounces pepperoni, cut into 1/4-inch squares
-   Pinch red pepper flakes
-   Pinch oregano
-   6 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
-   1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
-   2 tablespoons minced green onion
-   1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
-   Flour for dusting
-   1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
-   1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
-   1/4 cup grated mozzarella
-   Pizza sauce for serving

Pizza dough Ingredients/Instructions
o   1/4 cup warm water
o   1tsp sugar
o   1tbsp dry yeast
o   1lb bread flour
o   1tsp salt
o   1tsp garlic powder
o   2tbsp olive oil
o   1/2 cup cold water

1)   In a cup, combine the warm water, sugar, and dry yeast and mix lightly. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2)   Mix the bread flour, salt, and garlic powder together in a bowl.
3)   After the 5 minutes has passed, add the olive oil into the yeast/water cup, then dump into the dry ingredients. Make sure to scrape any stuck yeast out of the cup.
4)   Add the cold water to the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix the dough with your hands. (Grab the mixture and squeeze it with your hand until its very elastic.)
5)   Move the ball of dough onto a lightly floured surface. Get a large bowl (approx. double size of dough) and coat it in olive oil. Move the dough ball into the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then a towel, and let it sit for two hours at room temperature.
6)   Uncover the bowl and punch the dough down to get rid of air buildup. Let sit for another 30 minutes.
7)   Remove the dough from the bowl, split it in half, and place back into separate oiled bowls. Let the dough proof overnight in the fridge.

Instructions

1)   Heat butter and oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat until butter melts and foaming subsides. Add pepperoni and cook, stirring, until pepperoni begins to crisp, about 2 minutes. Add pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add basil and green onion and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese. Do not wipe out skillet.
2)   On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into two even pieces. Working one piece at a time, roll or stretch into an oblong about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide. With a bench scraper or knife, cut crosswise into 12 strips. Repeat with other half of dough.
3)   Transfer the strips into the bowl with pepperoni/garlic mixture, a few at a time. Toss and fold with your hands until each strip is well coated in the mixture. Remove the strips and tie into knots. Transfer the knots to the skillet in a single layer. Dump remaining mixture on top of the knots, drizzle with more olive oil, cover tightly with plastic, and set aside until doubled in size, about 4 hours. Alternatively, refrigerate until doubled in size, 12 to 16 hours.
4)   When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425F and adjust oven rack to center position. Unwrap garlic knots. Sprinkle with romano and mozzarella cheese. Transfer to oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
5)   Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with more Parmesan. Serve right away with warmed sauce on the side.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Pull Apart Pepperoni Garlic Knots
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:33:36 AM »
damn those look and sound good
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:33:36 AM »

Offline Inik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
Where are the pictures!!!!

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:03:51 AM »
theres one in the link, maybe we can get LPFAN to not half ass his posts :P
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:47:37 AM »
Where are the pictures!!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing. He 'claims' he makes them yet there is no proof. Pics or it didn't happen!

Online LPfan4ever

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
Pictures don't exist since a pack of drunken family members demolished it faster than I could blink. But here's the picture from the original recipe so y'all can stop the whining  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal