Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: News: DuneCase a Hackintosh Dream  (Read 1294 times)

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
News: DuneCase a Hackintosh Dream
« on: March 09, 2016, 06:58:08 AM »
After getting spammed like every other site by the bad marketing that was the "Fake" Marketing guy for DuneCase we decided to dig deeper and reached out to Alex the Creator of the DuneCase to find out all we could about his crowd fund and case.

http://www.realhardwarereviews.com/dunecase/

The case has some great features but like any other case Design and style are truly is the eye of the beholder.

This again is just news not a review as we do not have the unit in front of us to review.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: News: DuneCase a Hackintosh Dream
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
Nice to see a much more official post in the matter.

And, with Corsair SF series PSU's coming out, that could be a match made in heaven. But they better get this thing kickstarted and in production. Bulldog is coming.

-Shiver

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »

Offline Bond007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:17:43 PM »
I am still not a huge fan, but I will admit the black in your post looks better to me.

Nice to see a much more official post in the matter.

And, with Corsair SF series PSU's coming out, that could be a match made in heaven. But they better get this thing kickstarted and in production. Bulldog is coming.

-Shiver

I thought that the Corsair SF PSU would offer a high quality option in the SFF market (Silverstone's are mediocre IMO, however they pretty much have a monopoly on that size PSU), but then I found out the OEM for Corsair is Great Wall...I don't have high hopes now, but I would like to be proven wrong.
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K @ 4.1ghz undervolted with Zalman Optima Cooler, Vengeance 2x4gb @ 1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB

Away from home light Gamer: Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, Vengeance 2x4gb, M500 240gb,

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »
I am still not a huge fan, but I will admit the black in your post looks better to me.

I thought that the Corsair SF PSU would offer a high quality option in the SFF market (Silverstone's are mediocre IMO, however they pretty much have a monopoly on that size PSU), but then I found out the OEM for Corsair is Great Wall...I don't have high hopes now, but I would like to be proven wrong.

**EDIT** - Both are GW, you are correct!

Enhance does build decent units, but SS as of late is content with the 'just getting by' mentality so its hard to suggest them these days.
And their warranty isn't up to Corsair standards and never has been.
We shall see though, the press kits are out for the SF...would be nice to see how they stack up.

-Shiver
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:40:58 PM by Shiver »

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:17:04 PM »
I did want to add that the team that made the DuneCase is working on a few other cases to, some of them look damn badass.

They seem to be using a knock off or turning non case objects into cases.

Their build process is impressive as their quality is amazing.

I too agree the Black case is great but oddly enough any woman who I have showed the two case designs to say "GOOOOLD" haha

I really would love to see what LowFat over at HWC could do to this case as his mods are amazing, or the MNPCTech even though those guys are huge rip offs on their mod parts haha $200 wasted...
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »
I did want to add that the team that made the DuneCase is working on a few other cases to, some of them look damn badass.

They seem to be using a knock off or turning non case objects into cases.

Their build process is impressive as their quality is amazing.

I too agree the Black case is great but oddly enough any woman who I have showed the two case designs to say "GOOOOLD" haha

I really would love to see what LowFat over at HWC could do to this case as his mods are amazing, or the MNPCTech even though those guys are huge rip offs on their mod parts haha $200 wasted...

I would want one in my hands before I could judge build quality. And Component quality.

-Shiver

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal