Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: General Rants Section  (Read 43461 times)

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
Re: General Rants Section
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »
My heads killing me and I can barely see, Shouldn't have stayed up all night and day.

Offline Inik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:31 AM »
35 minutes waiting for a computer to restart now cant force it to as its updating and could f up... some days

All i wanna do is go home
Damn u updates

Just wait for the Windows 8.1 update...

Is it the update that bad ? I'll probably do it tonight !

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:31 AM »

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »
It just takes loooong, it's essentially an OS install update

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »
How is it? Worth updating for?

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Well the start button is back, though I don't really like some of the changes they did to the explorer window when you're navigating folders (the icons are too big in the top menu bar personally).

Though I do for the most part just windows + f to launch whatever program I want anyways, so the start menu I don't use much anymore.

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
Yeah I updated and removed the start button. I like how there's different sizes for spilt Windows now

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »
Linux....

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »
Wait, till you discover the mice bug in Win8.1 ;D

AMD cards get an unexpected boost from the Linux 3.12 kernel
http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/AMD-cards-get-unexpected-boost-Linux-312-kernel
HD6950 all cards showed at least some improvements and in some cases increases of 50%.
Linux 3.12 kernel bringing major performance improvements over Linux 3.11 and prior. Some games improved with just low double-digit gains while other Linux games were nearly 90% faster!

Win should move their a$$ a bit... such nice boosts... oh!  :)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
Russian flag over the Mir spacestation on LEO was destroyed completely ("There are two threads left.") in year.

NASA claim, that the "stars and stripes" flags are still standing, casting shadow and being fine after over 40+ years!

WTF! They trying to make people completely fooled or what?!

Moonfaker: LRO, Flag or no Flag? - YouTube
Apollo Flags on the Moon Still Standing : Discovery News
Apollo Moon Landing Flags Still Standing, Photos Reveal | Space.com
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »
Having a real real hard time getting paid from my second job.  Business owner just keeps making excuses and what not.  It's really starting to piss me off.  I have bills to pay!

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »
Geez, that must suxx bad  :( Sorry to hear that.

I wanted to complain about my inability to fix my old MSI PM8M3-V mainboard, but compared to that is my problems... laughable. It is old mainbaord, after all. But it also piss me off badly, especially video on ScrewTube fail to play at fullscreen. Grrrr, that it is! Another mosfet will be replaced tomorrow!  >:(  >:(  >:(

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »
My "friend" broke something of mine a couple months ago, worth around $50-60. I talked to him about it and he apologized and asked how much it cost me, I gave him an estimate and where I got it and gave him a month to replace it or pay me back. Hear nothing from him so I message him multiple times, he ignores all of them until I call him out for being a scumbag and tells me money is tight, which I understand but thats no reason to ignore me. So I leave it at that, then yesterday he uploads a picture on instagram of 10s of empty 2'6s and 40s of alcohol along with at least 40 empty beer bottles, moneys tight eh? I hope I don't have to get "the boys" just to get my money back.. This is ridiculous.

edit: after publicly calling him out he finally paid me back, jesus..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:06:18 PM by supaflyx3 »

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 01:49:55 AM »
Lot's of beer and alcohol make always money "tight"... I have to agree with him on that, but it is time to prioritize. If you broke something, first you have to pay for it and then you have the rest of money for the senseless drinking ;)

I could not have afford so heavy drinking, even if I wish for it (and I don't), lol.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 05:51:17 AM »
Fell on the ice yesterday morning had to be helped back up. Now my big toe is turning all black my foot is majorly swollen and my ankle is in extreme pain.
To top it off our company moved yesterday.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 01:11:46 PM »
Oh, damn... be carefull, you do want to kill yourself?  ???
I bet you don't. So put your poor leg into nice bucket full of water and keep it there so it stop hurting and begin healing ;)

Pretty bad injury to take at the height of xmass fenzy... Sorry to hear that  :-[  And looks like the company have to move w/o your support, because you are good now only for desk job... At least they should give you some time off to get back in shape.

I quess I must be lucky to never felt so bad yet in my life - yet. But I'm only 38 years old, things might get worser later in life. And we had only a bit of snow and ice this winter, so not a big chance to fell anyway, due to lack of ice.

Jetway V600DAP - AXP  mobo I trying to make work as to have something with working AGP
http://hwbot.org/hardware/motherboard/v600dap/

I would like to complain that even I managed to replace all the "turned out to be bad" experimental Samxon CG caps near the AGP/ram for new polymers with help of my friend Mirek - the mobo is still not running stable for ram tests. That is kinda weird, because it can pass almost all tests (except of the ram stressing ones like SuperPi 32M), yet it always fail in matter of seconds on Prime95 memtest settings (yet can run for hours and hours stable for CPU stress test) ...
So I replaced caps around the ram/chipset/agp ... I added another 22uF ceramic cap under the chipset to make the voltage even better, I added expensive 470uF tantal-ceramic under the CPU socket (In both cases I just created the space where I put these additional caps) - yet still 1.575V is enough for this AXP to run at 2300MHz stable, but the memory, the memory...
Tried every ram I have, even as low settings as 3-4-4-8 applied, it still crash in matter of seconds.

That suxx. Memtest did not give single error... Maybe it is time to reinstall and use another version of the VIA 4+1 drivers? Dunno.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal