Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: General Rants Section  (Read 39868 times)

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: General Rants Section
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 08:16:26 AM »
I swear the universe does not like me having this car, sometime yesterday while parked someone played bumper cars with my car and now the rear passenger side door is scratched and slightly dented....Add that to the pile of other crap people have done to my car...

Offline maverick_brent

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
some people... maybe their ego needs to be constantly rubbed...they do nothing but go against the grain for some reason...i hope i never become someone who has to be negative towards most things in order to say anything to people ...talk about debbie downer..

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 09:52:12 AM »
Canada Post Shipping Logic:
Pick up item from Best Buy Richmond Hill.
Take item to Mississauga (probably distribution centre)
Drive item to Scarborough
Drive item to Richmond Hill (out for delivery).

I know they have to take most if not all items to distribution centres, but really, look at all the gas you wasted when the guy could have picked it up and delivered it within the same city. I'm not complaining about how long it's taking, just the route this package is going to go within the same city...

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 07:07:30 PM »
Friggen stove died  :'( need to talk to the landlord tonight she's a great landlord but I didn't want to bring a single issue to her so that she had no excuse but to sign us for another 2 years.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 10:25:08 PM »
Sorry to hear about the stove, but do you have physical damage in your place? Do you pay your rent on time. If the answer to question one is no and two yes, well there's a very very low likelihood she wouldn't resign your lease.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 03:41:35 PM »
If this is about a microwave stove, then it is usually the high voltage fuse that five away. The thing is very near the hi-voltage transformator and the pulsating magnetic field did not exactly do well with the fuses... I end up fixing the stove for second wife of my father years ago and then about year back for father stove. Same drill all the time.
Open it up, find the thing coated in plastic (usually very near the transformator) and about 50mm long with like 5-6mm in diameter, short it by soldering a cooper wire on it and put all back together. Fairly simple.

I think about placing the fuse there as of creating a construction flaw, that will be guaranted to fail in time.

I don't believe that this could be a issue with landlord, but if worried, then try fixing it first and when you suceed, then there is no need to bring that up  ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Fudd Rucker

• I am awesomeness incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 11:09:24 PM »
Howdy all.

First post here.

May as well let it be a rant.

What the hell is up with the US border patrol!?. I go to school in the US, have been for the past year and a half now. Since my house was broken into, my Nexus card and passport were stolen. So crossing has been nothing short of a royal pain in the arse. Every single day I have to produce 3 pieces of ID, my police report , and the receipt for my application for my new nexus card. Worst part - its been the same guy at the same bloody time. And every single day he gives me the same attitude.

Aside from that, ive lurked around a bit and I like it here. Nice quiet civil conversation from what appears sensible people lol.

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:25 AM »
I thought Passport Canada had ways to expedite passports in extreme circumstances, such as your on...though this is the Canadian Government we're talking about...

I hope you get everything replaced as soon as possible, couldn't imagine what your'e going through, nor would I ever want to.

Offline Fudd Rucker

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »
Finally got my doors and window fixed today. The biggest piss off is the work I have to go back and do all over again. Assholes even swiped my thumbsticks off my desk...  (can I say asshole here without a paddlin). It is kind of my fault for not backing my work up on the school network or even a cloud backup, but I had figured it was backed up on my PC, NAS, and thumbsticks it would have been safe. Boy was I wrong lol.

The upside is managed to scrape together most of the fixin's for a desktop. Although it makes me sad my recently purchased titan was taken and I never got a chance to even fire it up once. Once I get paid ill grab up an i3 and build my way back up again.

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »
Irrational Games is shutting down, what...the...hell?!

Offline Fudd Rucker

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »
Day 7 of this crazy flu going around. Has flattened and bedridden literally every single person around me who has caught it. Wish I could hurry and shake this so I can fill the food section with lots of food pron!

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »
Day 7 of this crazy flu going around. Has flattened and bedridden literally every single person around me who has caught it. Wish I could hurry and shake this so I can fill the food section with lots of food pron!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's fully reloaded and ready to ship. Even upgraded her to just for you buddy :)
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline Fudd Rucker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 04:46:30 PM »

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's fully reloaded and ready to ship. Even upgraded her to just for you buddy :)

Guess my rant here would be I couldn't thank you well enough.  Guess I could start with an epic cheesecake made by me.

Also discovered I am highly allergic to Dextromethorpan (active ingredient in Vicks daytime flu pills). Thought I was safe since I know pseudo-ephedrine does a number on me and wasn't in these pills. To think some nutjobs enjoy getting high off this and feeling this way.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:48:47 PM by Fudd Rucker »

Offline AznAznAzn111

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »
Don't you guys and gals HATE when you go to buy some parts for a build at a computer store or anywhere really and they go," Hi can I help explain this product to you?"
No please go on. I picked up something NO Scrub would pick up and you want to explain. Where is Willy Wonka when you need him. YOU DON'T SAY AYYYYYYY?????

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2014, 01:59:14 PM »
My Dogs a racist... that is all >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal