Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: HWC  (Read 4336 times)

Offline maverick_brent

• View Profile
HWC
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:58:52 PM »
It's prob in bad taste to bitch, and this prob will get deleteded...

but that place just seems to be a shit show...certain posters being able to bitch about whatever they want...

nothing but staleness...

and god forbid you be critical of something...or a decision..

BAM down your throat....

its honestly a stressful webpage to visit.

Offline maverick_brent

• View Profile
Re: HWC
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
maybe its just me and my excessive beer intake.

even worse is that i know half of the hwc mods are mods here......
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:04:11 PM by maverick_brent »

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »

Offline maverick_brent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:10:50 PM »
Edit....Just realized this should have been in general rants.......

2nd edit....call me skymtl :P u cant touch me that way..:P....

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 06:20:17 PM »
Hey hey Mav

I agree and disagree with you on some things buuuuuut being able to vent is all good buddy:)

I agree HWC has lost its way, I do though think there are some meh and great people there still. Plus all the mods that wrote me up are still on the other side of the fence:P

This almost seems like something for the lets fight section where people get things off their chest but all good again.

Here we are a little more lax, I though will not allow people to insult other members in a wild poo flinging contest haha.

In closing HWC is a ok place but they have lost credit with their inability to admit a corporate owner but thats their bed and not mine to talk of anymore, where we here are just a group of buddies building our part of the internet, all are welcome and few are ridiculed.

The mods that came over this way from HWC came for opportunity and enjoyment, keep them out of the insults and rant unless they write you up for having a better rig then them, then in all cases message me :)

Mav enjoy yourself and happy to see you over here
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline maverick_brent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 06:37:29 PM »
It's a knee-jerk reaction im sure i will regret.....but everything seems to be on edge and walking on glass over there...I love the place...i was a stalker for many years just started p[osting in the past 2-3 yrs...
i like the guys..and even me and sky get into some good debates...and there are the pms to prove it...we leave it all on he table and i think we view each others as equals....but there really seems to be not much community over there...i see more and more...when oine person gets disagreed on...they get jumped ....one poster i wont name...is the doom of doom over there and i don't understand why he is still allowed to spew his shit, besides the amount of posts he has....

Offline maverick_brent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »
fyi soul, as you know, they lost a hell-a lot of substance when they lost you...you were a big community vice in that site......

fyi..remember it or not...laptopscreens.com after 2 treies got my screen fixed..

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »
fyi soul, as you know, they lost a hell-a lot of substance when they lost you...you were a big community vice in that site......

fyi..remember it or not...laptopscreens.com after 2 treies got my screen fixed..

Thank you really appreciate that :)

I'm writing a article about them right now to be honest (Laptopscreens.com) haha one of the few companies that has been 99% great to deal with
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline maverick_brent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »

I'm writing a article about them right now to be honest (Laptopscreens.com) haha one of the few companies that has been 99% great to deal with

np man.....agree or disagree...

posting old reviews of products from the past 3 years is useful to the site as it is?

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »

np man.....agree or disagree...

posting old reviews of products from the past 3 years is useful to the site as it is?

I do that on my personal site haha, on here we make sure to mostly post new stuff on the home page but on the forum we are happy for anything and everything in the way of content :D

Plus more often then not I search older gear to help people out so more often then not it helps to have all the content we can get.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 03:20:32 AM »
Plus, some people had to use old gear, like my P4 or Opteron 148, so... give or take few years - they still do the job. Tough gaming is a pain ;D Games seems now being ridiculously CPU intensive and (luckily) most even did not work unless modern GFX card is used, so... I don't think that old reviews are useless after all.
Not to mention they could be tweaked in the light of new informations or just being proven right by time and other users :)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 08:19:05 AM »
Weell...HWC has been down all weekend now.

They really need to get their sh!t together as far as uptime is concerned.

Offline Inik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »
Were they hacked again haha

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 09:31:45 AM »
No idea to be honest really, my only guess could be database issues and whoever is in charge of running the back end screwed up?

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »
No idea to be honest really, my only guess could be database issues and whoever is in charge of running the back end screwed up?

... does no one have them on facebook, they are updating their servers so better spy on their hits :)

they needed to upgrade their security

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 09:52:56 AM »
Still say someone borked the database :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal