Gearbest Banner

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Everything Off Topic / Re: One for Star Wars fans
« Last post by Soullessone21 on November 20, 2017, 07:28:11 AM »
Nice find haha, very well done
Everything Off Topic / One for Star Wars fans
« Last post by Johan45 on November 17, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
I ran across this parody the other day and thought it was hilarious. Based off the song by Gotye Somebody that I used to Know. Very well done if you've seen the original video you'll know what I mean.
RMA Assistance / Re: RHR RMA Assistance Rules
« Last post by Soullessone21 on November 09, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »
Unfortunately, cryptocurrency mining is not supported by VisionTek warranty services. VisionTek does not support or advertise the usage of our products for cryptocurrency mining. Cryptocurrency mining is considered a misuse of the product due to the overtaxing of the graphics cards life cycle. Please refer to our warranty information here for more information: https://www.visiontek.com/support/warranty-information.html

This ^ is what I got from Visiontek trying to rma an R9 280 3GB for dead hdmi and locking up / freezing screen on nicehash or Furmark and the odd game.

It's more of an info post than a help me, I've already conceded that I lost.

Thanks for sharing send me the info anyways next month I can give it a shot :) in the middle of moving so right now little time I have
RMA Assistance / Re: RHR RMA Assistance Rules
« Last post by upcoast on November 09, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »

Unfortunately, cryptocurrency mining is not supported by VisionTek warranty services. VisionTek does not support or advertise the usage of our products for cryptocurrency mining. Cryptocurrency mining is considered a misuse of the product due to the overtaxing of the graphics cards life cycle. Please refer to our warranty information here for more information: https://www.visiontek.com/support/warranty-information.html

This ^ is what I got from Visiontek trying to rma an R9 280 3GB for dead hdmi and locking up / freezing screen on nicehash or Furmark and the odd game.

It's more of an info post than a help me, I've already conceded that I lost.
Everything Overclocking! / Re: Country Cup 2017 - Going on now
« Last post by Johan45 on November 09, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
I'll be back next week. Death in the family and just busy with arrangements etc.. I did make another contribution in stage 5 3D11 1700x/Fury
« Last post by Soullessone21 on November 08, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »
Where did everyone go???

Chat died off, we are getting thrashed by the Yanks and I swear DeadThings is now a Deadthing as he vanished to, OH Mighty leader DT get back in the chat and competition and help make CANADIAN OCing GREAT AGAIN!!!

*End rant
« Last post by Johan45 on November 03, 2017, 05:11:16 PM »
Indeed, the rewards for getting XP to work on Skylake or newer are great.

Barbonenet offers probably the best way towards getting it to work, optimized for SPi32...
Download
Guide
Thanks I'll check it out
« Last post by Dead Things on November 03, 2017, 01:48:48 PM »
Indeed, the rewards for getting XP to work on Skylake or newer are great.

Barbonenet offers probably the best way towards getting it to work, optimized for SPi32...
Download
Guide
« Last post by Johan45 on November 03, 2017, 12:23:50 PM »
Yeah - XP on Skylake or newer ain't no picnic!

It works, just a bit of a PITA. Took me about 4-8 hours the first time to get a working install. There's a guide at HWBot but there was still a lot of trial and error and finding good XP media to start with was iffy. All my stripped versions wouldn't work. Eventually just downloaded the full version and went from there

EDIT: It is worth it if you're competing. That time at 5.2 in XP would be 5.4-5.5GHz in Win7
« Last post by Soullessone21 on November 03, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »
Yeah - XP on Skylake or newer ain't no picnic!

Good to know I will avoid it then
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal