Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Private Sections  (Read 1686 times)

Offline PhdSnake

• View Profile
Private Sections
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »
Hello!!

Just a suggestion from an old time forum user.

I just checked quickly and I think none of the sections of the forum are private (members only). Its not that I want to post nudes or anything, but I wouldn't mine an off-topic section to be members only so that its not as searchable on google. I know at least I would be more comfortable in an off topic/private format to blab about whatever.

That way I can tell headshot the specific address I saw his mom at last night and dont have to worry about other people seeing it.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
Re: Private Sections
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »
Agreed that this could be worth a try. But duno how fast this can be done, given the time of the year... :)  ;D
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:12 AM »
I believe  I have just made the Rants and Rave sections only viewable to members, but I'll need some feedback on that.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:14:39 AM »
I believe  I have just made the Rants and Rave sections only viewable to members, but I'll need some feedback on that.

Think we should make the RHR Private Party section all threads are private and only view able after 5 posts, this way the spies with their one posts dont know :P
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:16:41 AM »

Think we should make the RHR Private Party section all threads are private and only view able after 5 posts, this way the spies with their one posts dont know :P

If you want to figure out the min post count, probably best to set it at a user level, so have our first user 0 to 5 or 10 posts, and then next user level 10+

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »
I would vote on 15 posts, but that is just me. Playing it safe :)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline PhdSnake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
You have all been a lot more supportive of this than I thought!

Thank you for being so civil :)

Offline Arinoth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
You have all been a lot more supportive of this than I thought!

Thank you for being so civil :)

What, do we look like some other site?

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 05:10:44 AM »
 ;D ...good point, Arinoth...  ;)

Yes, we trying to do make a difference. Most of the informations should be still visible for quests, but yes, sometimes some privacy is need even in computer stuff. For nudes, well, there is a 4chan.org and about 1000 of other free and filled with nudes imageboards, right?  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal