Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: New House, should we do a Vlog of building the new office and soundproofing ?  (Read 1307 times)

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
So in Dec I move to my new house,
In the new house there is a large storage room off the laundry room that I plan to move one wall a few feet forward and setup a full office.

I will also most likely be doing the dual drywall with green glue method of soundproofing as well as full in wall insulation and drywall hats plus isolation bars.

This will be the full deal inside the walls and roof to make for a soundproof recording area.

just a thought should we do a full Vlog of this while the build goes on, from deconstruction to full build and testing?

The wall above will be moving 3-6 feet towards where I took the picture making for a larger office.
what do you think?
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Offline Arinoth

• Here I Am. Here I Remain
  • Admin
    • View Profile
I think this would be a good idea. Not only does it give us more insight into the new office, but it may be helpful for other people planning or thinking about doing this themselves to their own office/room for recording.

Real Hardware Reviews

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
I think this would be a good idea. Not only does it give us more insight into the new office, but it may be helpful for other people planning or thinking about doing this themselves to their own office/room for recording.

Good point, right now I am just pricing things out

$500 Drywall (over quoted lots of extra) this is walls and roof done twice
$60 for Green Glue Acoustic drywall glue
$90 Owens Corning Acoustic insulation
$50 Resonating chamber runs for soundproofing
$20 Noiseproof Caulking
$50 Thick door and door sweep from reStore
$770 this is over ordering everything, still, need to find a few things like wall hats and sound dampening outlets

Still, need carpet and subfloor will worry about that as I get closer. No Laminate is not an option as it is a sound amplifier where shag is a natural acoustic damper.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
Go for high density roxul for soundproofing insulation, it's cheaper than fibreglass and has better soundproofing properties. You can make a box out of it, put a 130db alarm inside and you wont hear it.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Go for high density roxul for soundproofing insulation, it's cheaper than fibreglass and has better soundproofing properties. You can make a box out of it, put a 130db alarm inside and you wont hear it.

I was considering them as well, more I read the easier the decision is to go with Roxul as they also don't leave you itchy as fuck during install.

thanks

Offline supaflyx3

• Commentator
  • Global Mod
    • View Profile
Lol I use roxul daily, it still makes you itchy. Don't rub it on your balls

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Lol I use roxul daily, it still makes you itchy. Don't rub it on your balls

Is that a challenge :p

Offline Bond007

• View Profile
Very interesting. A soundproof room would be great. Out of curiousity where do the resonating chambers go? I know exactly what they do, but haven't heard of them in house before.
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K @ 4.1ghz undervolted with Zalman Optima Cooler, Vengeance 2x4gb @ 1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB

Away from home light Gamer: Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, Vengeance 2x4gb, M500 240gb,

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Very interesting. A soundproof room would be great. Out of curiousity where do the resonating chambers go? I know exactly what they do, but haven't heard of them in house before.

They are run between the drywall and studs and held on with sound dampening clips. When I pick them up I'll explain more on the video haha.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal