Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: RHR RMA Assistance Rules  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: RHR RMA Assistance Rules
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »
Shiver to start the process please register the board at evga.com you do not need proof of purchase as evga may ask for it but it is not important :)

When that is done reply to me here and we will continue the rma train haha
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 1D7KcRyxunyjmN6mR8uMx6xQ1LoWmu24CQ

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
Shiver to start the process please register the board at evga.com you do not need proof of purchase as evga may ask for it but it is not important :)

When that is done reply to me here and we will continue the rma train haha

Done.

-Shiver

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 11:16:03 AM »
RMA Assistance (no receipt)

Corsair AX1200 (buzzing on low load , coil whine)

SN: 184557 12049500 02 m

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »
Shiver evga board denied by evga damaged pins :(
Shiver corsair psu coil whine approved.

Now for Lpfan4evers cousins rma. Huge denied due to the fact he sent a bfg gpu to evga... This is a first for me and even evga said "we know this was not you but what retard sent a bfg gpu to us instead of the evga one they tried to rma"

Thanks kyle for having entertaining family.
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline Inik

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 07:39:31 PM »
BFG ...really!?! haha!

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »
Shiver evga board denied by evga damaged pins :(
Shiver corsair psu coil whine approved.

Now for Lpfan4evers cousins rma. Huge denied due to the fact he sent a bfg gpu to evga... This is a first for me and even evga said "we know this was not you but what retard sent a bfg gpu to us instead of the evga one they tried to rma"

Thanks kyle for having entertaining family.

That's what I get for clearing a socket with an Air Compressor....lesson learned.

-Shiver

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 03:40:05 PM »
eVGA mistakem for BFG - lol, mistakes were made...  ;D This is kinda funny one, tough. So, let's hope he send the correct card next time, lol.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 01:24:40 PM »
The good side to all of this? It still only cost me $70 to get a new board from EVGA, I paid the repair bill.

-Shiver

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »
Some Clients don't use the rma thread till they have a bulk order

about 30 total cards and psu's haha

Offline Bond007

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »
Some Clients don't use the rma thread till they have a bulk order

about 30 total cards and psu's haha

That's a lot of failed items. What's the typical culprit on GPU? Or is it really card specific?
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K @ 4.1ghz undervolted with Zalman Optima Cooler, Vengeance 2x4gb @ 1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB

Away from home light Gamer: Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, Vengeance 2x4gb, M500 240gb,

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 08:07:56 AM »
That's a lot of failed items. What's the typical culprit on GPU? Or is it really card specific?

That's funny as I get that question a lot. Xfx is usually a very low cost card. They don't do this by using all the best hardware though many of their cards are good cards. On their 79xx they cut corners on vram and it tends to fail.

Msi and Asus cut corners on their selling point their new fans. The tf from Msi is junk as it likes to seize or wobble, wobble is very bad as the blades will snap and Msi will give you a nice $50 bill for fans. Asus has the same issue on their new high static pressure fans but unlike Msi they fully cover the cost.

Corsair well their psus are great but not meant for 24/7 haha.

Offline StaticFX

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Do you have any pull with SteelSeries? I have a loooong standing feud with them, which they refuse to resolve.

In a nutshell:
The SteelSeries APEX keyboard has a hardware flaw. There are certain colors that do not match on the keyboard. Meaning, if you set an orange (ff5e00) to all zones, you can easily see that the main KB part is yellow, not orange. This occurs with other colors (blue(0084ff), and a pink...probably more as well). I discovered this within days of getting my KB (in July 2013, yes 2013) - I started a ticket with them 118738 - some back and forth, they sent me a new one. Exact same problem.
Some more back and forth.. then on Dec 2, 2013 they admitted:
Geoff,

Unfortunately this IS a hardware/electrical issue that is present with just about all of the keyboards.

We are working to fix the issue but you are correct that running an RMA for the same keyboard would be a waste of time.

What I meant was we could give you a different keyboard/SteelSeries product if you wanted one.

Rick P
SteelSeries Support

*Note: They would give me another product ONLY if I paid to ship my KB back to them.. I shouldnt have to pay because they sold me a product that does NOT perform as advertised

Ticket 187015 - after more back and forth (and my refusal to PAY to ship this POS anywhere...) They claimed that SSEngine 3 would fix it!

so I wait....
SSE3 is release, updated, new Firmware... and viola! the problem is STILL there. Why? my guess is that it really is a hardware issue as was stated.

New ticket: 211931 (10/31/2014) - no response on it.

I have been blocked from their Facebook page as well (for pointing this problem out). I really feel scammed with this.. I know, most will say "who cares, its just color", but thats one of the biggest selling features of this keyboard! That is actually WHY I bought it! (at the time, there were VERY few choices for KB with this ability... now its odd if it cant do it lol) - So here I sit, with a KB that I hate, and a company that is refusing to deal with me. They admitted they are at fault, yet do not stand behind their product - and continue to sell them! I have been trying to win something else from them so I can sell it and get my money back... and put it towards a Corsair Gaming RGB.

all zones in this pic are set to the SAME color... orange.

If you cant do anything, I understand (I cant get anywhere either) - Thanks!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:31:02 AM by StaticFX »

Offline Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
Please pm me the serial number and emails thanks ill do my best :)

Offline AlexVandross

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
I was referred here by one of you guys on the site. You know me as Alex or SkywhaleExpress in Wargaming's games.

Anyhow, on with the item/model info: Item and model number including brand:
Product: Asus Maximus VI Hero

Serial number:  DCM0AB438826

Product number: 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0

Issue: Electrical damage/unknown (capacitors don't appear to be blown. Motherboard Start and reset lights light up, but when pressing power, only the fans spin for a second then nothing.

Cause if known: you'll get a kick out of this... Yesterday, my wife wakes me up to tell me that my 2.5 yr. old son, Johnny, plugged the USB charge cord for her iPhone into one of the front panel USB ports... The other end, he put into the surge protector outlet. He heard a big popping sound and got scared as all hell.

Other system Specs: I run a Core i7 4770K, 16 GB of Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz RAM, an Asus GTX 650 TI Boost OC, and a Sound Blaster Z sound card.

Original owner or second or so on: original owner with original box.

Proof of purchase? I can probably dig it up, as I bought it online from either tigerdirect or newegg or Amazon.

If I could somehow get this RMA'd, it wod be a killer Christmas gift, because money is tight as we are expecting our second child, a daughter, in March.

Offline Shiver

• Guardian
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
Thank you for Posting Alex, I've let Soulessone21 know, hopefully we can get you the help you need.

-Shiver

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal