Gearbest Banner

Author Topic: Acrylic Tubes for Watercooling  (Read 5912 times)

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Acrylic Tubes for Watercooling
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
Has anyone tried them?

I am thinking about using them for the next build after seeing a few amazing rigs with them. What is everyones going opinion of them? they worth getting all the new fittings for?

How complicated are they?
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

BTC Donation wallet"Help me help you" 18A7dGBpZWM1JSN8Zm4XPzY4SnQUop3L9r
Eth:0xd29ce054805239c93b27cbed98fc341fd0418a85

Offline trodas

• Media/News
  • Just one crazy computer geek :)
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
Re: Acrylic Tubes for Watercooling
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
Oh, someone seen the lowfat awesome builds ;D

Well, I never tried them and they look great, true. But if the computer is in closed case not for peeking, somewhere under the desk - then they are not worth the hassle and price, I would quess.
But if you building a system for show, then sure thing - they should be used. But it require pre-planing everything well. You cannot move things when you are done with the tubing - that is the disadvantage of great looks.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Real Hardware Reviews

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »

Offline clshades

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:12:37 PM »
honestly I think it's the best way to move liquid. The only thing less restrictive is soft copper or glass. Every fitting adds up and the tubing is virtually fitting free.

Offline clshades

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:08:48 PM »
It might actually be cheaper to practice with copper dude... not entirely sure on that. The only good thing is copper is worth 2.80 a pound scrapped

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »
It might actually be cheaper to practice with copper dude... not entirely sure on that. The only good thing is copper is worth 2.80 a pound scrapped

That was a plan back in the day but now I like the look of the hard clear plastic.

Plus I have some bends that would be really fun with Acrylic and look damn nice to
Real Hardware Reviews is always accepting guest reviewers, email me if your interested.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »
We cannot wait to see, what you are up to, Soul :) Clear material is always better, it looks good to see the watter, so... no question about it. Hope lowfat told you some secrets of his work with these tubes... :)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway

Offline turtletrax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
I just ordered 10 meters of e22 10/12mm hard tube and two dozen EK MLA black 10mm adaptors for my Murderbox. Gonna make the switch to hard tube, make my own luminous panel and finally sleeve my PSU. Debating whether or not to grab a flow meter for my Aquaero 5 Pro or not. After that just save for a couple of 780ti's and all done, ya then I will be done :) Riiiight!!
"The thing about internet quotes is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln.

Offline trodas

• Media/News
    • View Profile
    • trodas little blog
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 01:58:01 AM »
Flow meter is cool, but it just restrict the flow (a little bit), so I would go w/o it. But keep us posted, how the result will look. I find these tubes kinda hard to work with, but visualy pleasing. So if you, unlike me, have computer for show, then it can looks great. Like lowfat stacker...  ;)

Offline Squeetard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
I love the look of the hard tubing. May have a go at it in the near future. I have a pump with a tach lead on it, so I plug that into a Mobo fan header and I can monitor it and have my comp shut down if it fails. Much prefered to a flow meter.

Offline turtletrax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 11:27:57 PM »
I have an Aquaero 5 Pro w PWM DDC3.2 and the flow meter is a differential pressure measurement flow meter. It is the lowest restriction model of meter I know of. I have a bunch of alarms the will alert/ or kill the machine in any emergency situation. Just want to explore the Aquasuite features a little more as there is tons of neat stuff to do. Any ways, decided to pass on it for the time being and focus on my luminous panel and tubing for the time being. Found someone semi local to etch my plexi for the panel, so pretty excited to get that done. Then I can get precise measurements for my tube bends.  Then just to find the perfect colour of fluid :)

Will shoot lots of photos of the progress if you guys are interested in my journey.

Damon.

P.S.- Probably wont need 10 meters of tube unless I suck far more at bending than I think I am going to be. So will have some E22 10mm kicking around. If anyone is interested in buying some, LMK.
"The thing about internet quotes is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 07:32:46 AM »
I have an Aquaero 5 Pro w PWM DDC3.2 and the flow meter is a differential pressure measurement flow meter. It is the lowest restriction model of meter I know of. I have a bunch of alarms the will alert/ or kill the machine in any emergency situation. Just want to explore the Aquasuite features a little more as there is tons of neat stuff to do. Any ways, decided to pass on it for the time being and focus on my luminous panel and tubing for the time being. Found someone semi local to etch my plexi for the panel, so pretty excited to get that done. Then I can get precise measurements for my tube bends.  Then just to find the perfect colour of fluid :)

Will shoot lots of photos of the progress if you guys are interested in my journey.

Damon.

P.S.- Probably wont need 10 meters of tube unless I suck far more at bending than I think I am going to be. So will have some E22 10mm kicking around. If anyone is interested in buying some, LMK.

Sounds like a awesome build I am actually in the market for some acrylic tube I'll pm you when I get out of bed haha

Offline turtletrax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 09:21:13 PM »

I have been procrastinating on a world class level with this build. Work, kids and all the things that go along with that have put it on the back burner bigtime. I am actually using the Corsair CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 kit that I traded a bunch of Skt 775 stuff with you well over a year ago for.  ;D

I ordered the tube from the U.K and tracking was almost triple the shipping cost, so I decided against it.. Would have put it out on the limb for actually being worth it over just ordering from Daz. As soon as I get it I will PM you and work something out. Not looking to make any money on it, just sell it for what I cost me+ shipping to you (I live in Edmonton, so will be cheap). That is roughly about half what Daz is charging, and I have read allot of good things about E22 tube and it has apparently improved since then. Time will tell....

If you are ever in the Edmonton Area, shoot me a msg and brews will be had, and vice versa with Calgary. Me and a few buddies spin trance and (tech/deep)house in Calgary occasionally, so I make it down semi-regularly.  :)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:25:10 PM by turtletrax »

Offline Birk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »
I'm going to be going with Acrylic in my Mitx Build.

Offline ZeroCool

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 10:56:51 AM »
I just put in a order to switch to acrylic tubes and it was 160 shipped to my door. but really its 70 for 10 fittings which I would say anyone that has done water cooling has spent more then that on soft tube. and 40 for 16 feet of tube. I wanted a uv tube and I wanted it all together.
plus the looks are amazing.

Online Soullessone21

• [ЯHR]Co-Owner
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »
I just put in a order to switch to acrylic tubes and it was 160 shipped to my door. but really its 70 for 10 fittings which I would say anyone that has done water cooling has spent more then that on soft tube. and 40 for 16 feet of tube. I wanted a uv tube and I wanted it all together.
plus the looks are amazing.

That's a great price would love to see the build log for that rig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal