TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now

Rugged BOSS SSD Review

The LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD in unabashedly focused on a very specific buyer: the professional.
Read now

Nixeus NX-EDG34S Review

Great gaming abilities? Check. Good ‘out of the box’ color accuracy? Check.
Read now

TURTLE BEACH – ELITE ATLAS AERO Review

If you are looking for a wireless headset that is feature rich, low priced and actually sounds like headsets worth 2x as much, check out the Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero Wireless.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Welcome to the New RHR Forums
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Soullessone21

Another junker build

This bad boy was made from dumpster dive parts, old mining parts and free random parts. 

I3 7100
Prime H270 plus asus mobo
4gb ddr4 2133
120gb Kingston ssd
250gb sata HDD
Rx 460 4gb xfx gpu
350w psu

Rig loaded up windows 10 fine now updating then going to use this board for 2 videos. 1 to do with building and selling used systems. The other to do with a improvement of basic compound over intel stock compound from whenever this board and CPU were merged into one haha. 

More updates to come soon

IMG_20191118_134533.jpg

IMG_20191118_124008.jpg

IMG_20191118_124002.jpg

IMG_20191118_123511.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one. 

Out of curiosity, I get the “old mining parts”, but where did you acquire “dumpster dive” and “free random” parts?

Should be a great basic build for someone later. What’s the long term plan for it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bond007 said:

Nice one. 

Out of curiosity, I get the “old mining parts”, but where did you acquire “dumpster dive” and “free random” parts?

Should be a great basic build for someone later. What’s the long term plan for it?

Question 1 junk parts, they came from a ecycler toss out near my work being the case and psu, they also got me a bunch of other parts including the ram and board plus CPU from a contact they had that did the same mass mining rig order my work did so it was pretty much free, traded some parts. 

460 was from my mining rig same with ssd and small HDD was from the recyclers to. 

Today during testing CPU never even hit 70c with stock compound still. 

Question 2 plans,  either sell or donate need to pay down a lot of stuff plus cover ces and Xmas so gotta sell a few rigs. 

Test 1 with this will be "how much does new compound help temps?" 

Can a I3 7100 and Rx 460 4gb game? 

Then a selling of the rig video most likely. 

Have another very similar rig to this one in a nicer case with a Rx 570 I will be selling as well. 

• Like 1

Nice. I wonder if my local recycling place would do something like that. I would love to put together random computers for the fun of it. 

cover ces and Christmas...that’s going to be a few bucks. Good luck!

• Like 1

I love builds like this. I doubt I will make sense out of what I will say next but I think computers were more exciting when I was scraping together builds like this! 🙂

48 minutes ago, Mightyunit said:

I love builds like this. I doubt I will make sense out of what I will say next but I think computers were more exciting when I was scraping together builds like this! 🙂

I fully agree with you, it is the only part of working for a mom and pop computer shop I miss, Going through the old pc recycling pile and building usable rigs.

90% of the time the rigs were less than 3 years old and mixing 2 together you could get some great gaming rigs