Nixeus NX-EDG34S Review

Read now
Great gaming abilities? Check. Good ‘out of the box’ color accuracy? Check.

TURTLE BEACH – ELITE ATLAS AERO Review

If you are looking for a wireless headset that is feature rich, low priced and actually sounds like headsets worth 2x as much, check out the Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero Wireless.
Read now

SILICON POWER P34A60GB M.2 Review

QUIRKY YET COMPLIMENTARY ADDITION TO SP’S LINE-UP
Read now

Crucial X8 Portable SSD Review

Read now
The Crucial X8 Portable SSD series may not be a perfect fit for everyone and every scenario, but it does come closer than nearly any other device in recent memory.

Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO Review

Read now
Arctic really knows how to do value right. Usually value means trading off the upfront cost for mediocrity in some other areas (aesthetics, ease of use, noise, etc.).
News Ticker
  • Welcome to the New RHR Forums
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bond007

Project sell the spare HP box before it is otherwise dealt with

A while ago I bought an HP SFF PC cheap because it was a great deal (actually 3...one for my TV, one for my grandparents, and this one). I stripped this one of its 2x4gb ram and 3770 to add to/upgrade my main desktop. Since that time it has been sitting in my storage room. Apparently it needs to be removed from the storage room.

Time to piece together a basic box to sell in order to recoup some $. Pretty slim pickings in my PC spare parts department (compared to some of you), however I have 2x2gb ram and an intel 120gb ssd that are both collecting dust and likely never to be used again, so they are perfect. Off to ebay (which I honestly rarely ever use), and I am getting a cheap i3 to fill the last piece of the puzzle. If I was keeping it I would have opted for an i5 (just because), however i3 are dirt cheap by the nature of everyone upgrading away from them. Also, it will be perfectly fine for a basic box. 

Once I get the i3 it should be a great general purpose browsing box. Fingers crossed it goes together without a hitch, and that I can then find a buyer.

To be continued...

Edited by Bond007

2 minutes ago, Soullessone21 said:

No bond no I have a whole book of I3 2120 i would of just gave you one haha. 

Keep us posted on full specs as it's built 🙂

Ah. I never even thought of asking. Live and learn. Got a 3220 for $15 shipped, so as long as it actually works I am not out much.