TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now

Rugged BOSS SSD Review

The LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD in unabashedly focused on a very specific buyer: the professional.
Read now

Nixeus NX-EDG34S Review

Great gaming abilities? Check. Good ‘out of the box’ color accuracy? Check.
Read now

TURTLE BEACH – ELITE ATLAS AERO Review

If you are looking for a wireless headset that is feature rich, low priced and actually sounds like headsets worth 2x as much, check out the Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero Wireless.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Welcome to the New RHR Forums
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Soullessone21

Forum only Video i3 7100 vs Epic Fortnite!

Hey hey all today's video is a question from @Mightyunit and that question is "Can the i3 7100 still max out Fortnite for a rig I want to make for a friends kids to play Fortnite on?"

Above judge for yourself and if you want more videos like this ask the question and I will keep them coming.

These are not monetized or public and for the Forum and discord only, you are welcome to share them just please link to the forum instead of the video when sharing.

Happy to start making more of these but honestly they are not up to RHR quality so they're just a passion project to give back to our great RHR friends and followers 🙂

-John

Wow thank you for taking the time and the effort to test and then make this video!!

I wonder what kind of frame rates one would get without a cpu bottleneck everything else being equal. I do NOT expect you to test this for me however I do wonder. I also wonder at what point does the stutter go away? I think I will have to test this my self somehow... Regardless It seems I should look for a quad core, likely AMD (likely cheaper than old 6th gen Intel i5's) so that my brother in law and his kids who want to game do not own a PC that is soon mothballed. 

Again thank you for your this video :)

12 minutes ago, Mightyunit said:

Wow thank you for taking the time and the effort to test and then make this video!!

I wonder what kind of frame rates one would get without a cpu bottleneck everything else being equal. I do NOT expect you to test this for me however I do wonder. I also wonder at what point does the stutter go away? I think I will have to test this my self somehow... Regardless It seems I should look for a quad core, likely AMD (likely cheaper than old 6th gen Intel i5's) so that my brother in law and his kids who want to game do not own a PC that is soon mothballed. 

Again thank you for your this video 🙂

No problem at all was a lot of fun to make.

The stutter seems to be mostly only in open spaces and like the cpu is just holding the rig back slightly, honestly a 5% oc may resolve this or even faster memory.

A low cost ryzen should have you solved and I will also test the similar hardware just different cpu on a few upcoming videos for reviewing other parts so it should fit in.

Re-sending fortnite to my review pool as it should be a good stutter and old/lower end cpu test.

Nice work! I expected it would be cpu limited in fortnite, but it is actually a bigger limiting factor than I expected...the gpu is dying for more to render. 

14 minutes ago, Bond007 said:

Nice work! I expected it would be cpu limited in fortnite, but it is actually a bigger limiting factor than I expected...the gpu is dying for more to render. 

Fully agree, when I start the next video I may do a quick 1 minute of this same setup with a OCed 7100 and 3200 ram speed

1 hour ago, Soullessone21 said:

Fully agree, when I start the next video I may do a quick 1 minute of this same setup with a OCed 7100 and 3200 ram speed

Could be interesting to see the improvement.

I would also be curious to see older i5 vs newer i3 (something like sandy bridge/ivy bridge/ haswell era i5 vs the 7100). 

33 minutes ago, Bond007 said:

Could be interesting to see the improvement.

I would also be curious to see older i5 vs newer i3 (something like sandy bridge/ivy bridge/ haswell era i5 vs the 7100). 

Hey you yes you Shuddup 😛 you're stealing something already in the works haha jk

Yah that is a great idea and I think I still have a 2500 to toss against it, but I do have a 2500s for sure maybe I'll have some other good i5 that's not low power but even that would make a good comparison 

• Like 1

Haha. Always good to know how the older stuff compares. Obviously newer is great, but older i5 boxes are pretty cheap now and should be fine for (I hate the term) esports type games. I would love this to confirmed though (weather proving me right or wrong). Budget builds, kids builds, etc.