TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now

Rugged BOSS SSD Review

The LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD in unabashedly focused on a very specific buyer: the professional.
Read now

Nixeus NX-EDG34S Review

Great gaming abilities? Check. Good ‘out of the box’ color accuracy? Check.
Read now

TURTLE BEACH – ELITE ATLAS AERO Review

If you are looking for a wireless headset that is feature rich, low priced and actually sounds like headsets worth 2x as much, check out the Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero Wireless.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Welcome to the New RHR Forums
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mightyunit

b450 mobo, help me select

Choosing between:

ASUS TUF B450M Plus Gaming         Pros: from Amazon with prime so easy return and free ship, will handle an upgrade to 8 cores

Cons: all the tax

ASROCK B450M Pro 4                         Pros: MIR???, No PST, will handle an upgrade to 8 cores

Cons: $6 shipping, ASROCK customer service???, Returns not as easy as Prime not that they killed Premiere Partnership or whatever

MSI B450M Plus Gaming                     Pros: Free Fedex shipping and no PST,  will handle an upgrade to 8 cores

Cons: Returns not as easy as Prime

I will be running an R5 1400. These board are all pricier than I like but so far used ones are eluding me. I know S21 mentioned open box at memx but they are also not an option. Let me know what you think! Anyone have a B350M or B450M board???

I'll look into the editing issue right away,

I do like the Asrock board the best as also the MIR is normally not too horrible with Asrock

Even a 320 or 350 series board if found at the right price may work great for you to.

I'll hunt around more after work to see if I can locate any better deals.

Good luck:)

2 hours ago, Mightyunit said:

Thanks.

Unrelated question, what do you think the CM Q300L?

I only own about 3 of them so I like them haha, easy cable management and nice and compact. Good price 

Personal thoughts:

The Asus is not worth the extra $. The MSI only has 2 ram slots. Asrock wins by default (between those 3).

25 minutes ago, Mightyunit said:

Thanks for the input. I have not owned an ASROCK since a 775Dual VSTA board ... AGP annnnd PCIe 🙂

PSA most my test rigs as asrock, don't tell my reps haha.

Their new boards have been very solid for me.

My oldest boards that still run are asrock to haha got some great asrock 939 boards

*Still cannot edit my posts*  

Silly me I linked the wrong DUAL VSTA board. I had the 939 version for my 3800 x2 clocked to 2.9Ghz. That is a long time ago 

I am close to ordering a new ASROCK B450M PRO 4. However I really need to keep this suuuuuper cheap and buying new does not help. Maybe something used will pop up! 

EDIT: seems I can edit immediately after posting but after I leave and come back I cannot.

Edited by Mightyunit

4 minutes ago, Bond007 said:

Nice choices. Are the rest of the components purchased?

yah I almost died shipping the 20+KG giant box yesterday, normally this would not be bad but yesterday there was a giant line at the CP

1 hour ago, Soullessone21 said:

yah I almost died shipping the 20+KG giant box yesterday, normally this would not be bad but yesterday there was a giant line at the CP

haha. what's in the box?

3 hours ago, Soullessone21 said:

Ryzen, ram, cooler, ssd, gpu, PSU and more haha

That is a lot of stuff. Clearing out some of your extras. 

look forward to seeing the build.

Edited by Bond007