Biostar J3160MD – 4 cores for less

Today on the test bench we have Biostars J3160MD our first Embedded Motherboard Review, for the extremely low cost of this board you can get some impressive results, especially when you throw a GPU into the mix. 
http://www.realhardwarereviews.com/biostar-j3160md/

This was shockingly an impressive board to review, a lot more power in the J3160 than I expected and it even powered through FO4 when I threw a GPU into the mix. 

I'm honestly surprised that this does not come with a DC jack on it as an alternative way to power this embedded board. It would help with the selling point of the board as all you would need is a laptop power brick versus a standard or small power supply.

@Arinoth:

I'm honestly surprised that this does not come with a DC jack on it as an alternative way to power this embedded board. It would help with the selling point of the board as all you would need is a laptop power brick versus a standard or small power supply.

I agree but most likely that would just add a cost to this.

the board costs so little it's hard to throw more features at that. there is also a itx version but it also lacks the DC jack, a pico is a great way to go as its so low power.

That is true, though if they could implement it for say another 10$ retail cost to the consumer it is still in a good price range.

you have a great point, I will actually bring that up with their team for the next ITX version as I am sure Asrock will do exactly what your looking for but come in at around $99

Views