Well odd one, I have a ton of BTX OEM motherboards ranging from 775(DDR3)-1155 and 1336, I want to know if any company makes cases that take BTX and are not half sized.

I want to make some full sized rigs to donate to people in need but the small form factor limits me and the fact the cheap dell/HP cases just dont have the flair a nice standard looking case would.

Plus I want to build gaming rigs to give to people who otherwise could not afford them and this would be a great way to make some basic ones.

BTX is still a thing? I don't think you can buy BTX cases anywhere… maybe a TJ07 backplate? Seems a little extreme though 😛

Your best option would be to hack the shit out of an ATX case…

I believe that BTX case have a lots to offer. The idea that PSU is not sucking in hot air from the top of the case, but a cold ait from OUTSIDE of the case, when placed on the bottom fan down, is great.
Also that allow more clean working around the CPU above…

I see plenty of reasons why ditch ATX cases completely and go for anything BTX, just to have the bottom feed air to the PSU, if not for anything else. It is easy to add legs to the case, so it stand up and there is good airflow for the PSU. I did that for my ATX cases already, yet they remain ATX (PSU on top), witch suxx.

Lots of new ATX cases have the PSU at the bottom now. I.E: My Fractal Arc Midi

Your all crazy haha I mean real BTX motherboards not BTX form factor 😛 as in the board is upside down the other way DOES NOT FIT IN ANY ATX CASE!!

@Soullessone21:

Your all crazy haha I mean real BTX motherboards not BTX form factor 😛 as in the board is upside down the other way DOES NOT FIT IN ANY ATX CASE!!

Yup, good luck finding one of those real BTX cases. I found ONE , on ebay for $50….

I'd just find a way to hack up an uber cheat ATX case and make it work(ish)

Views