Accelero III VS Kraken G12

Epic GPU Deal - Repairing and Upgrading Asus Strix Cards
Watch now

Arctic Z1 Gen 3 Review

The Z1 was a simple install and setup and works very nicely, the hub is simple but sleek and in all reality, Arctic did a great job.
Watch now

TRIBIT FLYBUDS Review

DURABILITY MEETS USABILITY
Read now

SILICON POWER BLAST PLUG BP82 Review

In either case we consider the Blast Plug BP82s to be a great addition to Silicon Powers current wireless earbud lineup.
Read now

Rugged BOSS SSD Review

The LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD in unabashedly focused on a very specific buyer: the professional.
Read now
News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bond007

My random PC purchase

A very random purchase for me today. I was looking at a local auction site and ended up getting an ex government hp elite 8200 sff with 4gb ram, i5 2400, 22" FHD monitor, keyboard and mouse, dvi and dp cables for $70 ($82 after auction fees). The only thing missing was an hdd, so I grabbed a cheap sandisk plus 120gb for $65 after tax locally. It had a win 7 pro key in it, which just validated a win 10 pro install :) .

No idea what it will be used for yet, but I love a deal.

On the table opened up:

The HDD caddy went with the drive, so a quick Velcro mod for the ssd:

Cleaned out and ready to close up:

Good to go:

• Like 1

Great find and thanks for sharing. Benchmark it and run a few games on it would love to see how it compares to the $39 server.

The i5 2400 is still a great cpu.

@Soullessone21:

Great find and thanks for sharing. Benchmark it and run a few games on it would love to see how it compares to the $39 server.

Yeah it should run well for a while. Just integrated graphics, so that will be the limiting factor.

@Soullessone21:

And I forgot to ask what benches you are running on the server? I don't have any paid benching programs.

@Bond007:

And I forgot to ask what benches you are running on the server? I don't have any paid benching programs.

Sorry busy day was out, lets say3dmark vantageand pick 2 games :)Recommend older like fallout 3/halo/metro things like that haha

This should be fun :D

@Soullessone21:

I forgot love your SSD hold down idea, I may just steal it in one of my ghetto builds :D

Haha. Whatever works. It looks clean enough once in. I did put a third velcro piece on to keep it from touching the case.

@Soullessone21:

Sorry busy day was out, lets say 3dmark vantage and pick 2 games :) Recommend older like fallout 3/halo/metro things like that haha

This should be fun :D

Installing 3dmark vantage.The only game I have with a built in bench that may run is just cause 2you have it?From a gaming point of view I think my old school integrated will die....we will see.CPU should be strong enough.

On a secondary note I think the PC is going to become a general use HTPC/Kodi/web browser computer for one of my TVs.

@Bond007:

Installing 3dmark vantage. The only game I have with a built in bench that may run is just cause 2you have it? From a gaming point of view I think my old school integrated will die....we will see. CPU should be strong enough.

On a secondary note I think the PC is going to become a general use HTPC/Kodi/web browser computer for one of my TVs.

built in bench not required just fraps and 5 min of gameplay fps testing :)

I sadly do not have just cause 2, games like CSGO, Left4Dead and what not maybe a good plan

If you need a low profile basic GPU I may have a few as well

@Soullessone21:

built in bench not required just fraps and 5 min of gameplay fps testing :)

I sadly do not have just cause 2, games like CSGO, Left4Dead and what not maybe a good plan

If you need a low profile basic GPU I may have a few as well

CS Source or L4D2? We have to have some games that line up.

Sadly I don't think shipping to OZ is going to be worth itand the PSU is only 240w if I remember correct. Pretty low end stuff. I will see how integrated works out for the next while with the basic uses we have planned.

Well, I am not even sure it's worth installing a game.

3dmark vantage was.telling of the weak integrated getting 1-3 fps in gpu tests. Run with all the stock settings that the free version has (unable to adjust anything).

P1078

Graphics score - 822CPU score - 16,646

@Bond007:

3dmark vantage was.telling of the weak integrated getting 1-3 fps in gpu tests. Run with all the stock settings that the free version has (unable to adjust anything).

P1078

Graphics score - 822 CPU score - 16,646

Not sure your post saved correctthe reply is just a quote.

I can get you the 3dmark settings if you have the paid version and aren't sure of the default unpaid settings. I fully expect your server to pull a better graphics score.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:57 AM, Bond007 said:

P1078

Graphics score - 822CPU score - 16,646

Found and installed the discontinued 3dmarkvantage, since I just dropped the gt 1030 in. Left all at stock settings, so I hope they are the same...unfortunately I didn’t record earlier.

Cpu is within margin of error at 16543

GPU now 16822.

P16752 total score.

Nice upgrade, funny part is a client of mine just got a auction with like 800 of these hps with i5 2500s in them so I’ll be messing around with some soon to 

1 hour ago, Soullessone21 said:

Nice upgrade, funny part is a client of mine just got a auction with like 800 of these hps with i5 2500s in them so I’ll be messing around with some soon to 

Haha. Nice. I feel like some of the settings must not be defaulting the same as that is a bit too much of an improvement.unfortunately vantage is now unsupported and I didn’t have the newer version installed to test before. Oh well.