Cryptocurrencies are now so easy even your Grandma could do it
RHR Crew

@Johan45:

I recently got started with mining. I'm using nicehash and it couldn't be easier. They have a benchmark as well. Even if you weren't going to use them you can get an idea of what your system/components are capable of hashing out. I'm mining on a 1600x,1070Ti and 980 which nets me ~ 0.0009 BTc/day

Wish they would offer payouts in other coins as slower miners could take a year plus to get a payment out and do not use their wallets they sadly lied to us all about how secure and offline their wallets are.

Going to throw a few more cards on mine this weekend to 🙂 happy mining

I know it's not perfect but it's just point and click easy. Which for me with limited time was a good solution.

RHR Crew

@Johan45:

I know it's not perfect but it's just point and click easy. Which for me with limited time was a good solution.

In a couple weeks time we will have an A-Z guide on how to build, config and run a mining rig… as no one should use Nicehack when there are just as easy but MORE profitable options out there. 😉

Thanks GaK_45, I'm pretty new to it and just wanted to get going. Just got my first payout from NH but I'm more than interested in learning the ropes. I have a ton of HW I could put to use too.

RHR Crew

@Johan45:

Thanks GaK_45, I'm pretty new to it and just wanted to get going. Just got my first payout from NH but I'm more than interested in learning the ropes. I have a ton of HW I could put to use too.

NH is a good place to start but setup an external wallet never and I mean NEVER use theirs, they got "hacked" for multiple millions and BSed their way through it. Sad thing is I know people who work there and most of them are good people.

I got a payment there to this weekend found out I still had a old address I was linking to haha, no big deal just had to fire on the old S4 that holds my accounts and got the money transferred.

If you have "too much" hardware I'll send you GaK's mailing he needs to get back to "too much" haha

Yeah definitely external and looking to set up another machine as time permits then I'm going to use a traditional miner, there's a good group at OCF that I can pick for pointers currently. This was recently linked and they seem to like it  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0

RHR Crew

My rigs RARELY mine ETHash and Equihash. Equi's difficulty makes it less than optimal and ETHash is not… NV friendly. I assume you have a BTC wallet (eg electrum)? If so are you NV or AMD user? Will whip up a sneak peak, upload it and tell you how to use it over the next day or two. Be warned. Since the Japan exchange hack altcoin profits are down 60 percent everywhere. It most likely a short term issue. Traders are still scared and trading to fiat not BTC. Soo profits today vs a month from now are mostly likely going to be radically different. YMMV of course but the tweaked (by me... for me) program I use is plug and play simple and works VERY nicely without having to deal with an exchange. It of course is only one part of the equation and the articles will go over the other tweaks needed to optimize a system for mining.

My current rig is Nvidia with 1070Ti and 980 on Ryzen 1600X. The planned is going to be an R9 Fury unlocked to 4096 shaders and an RX 580. For the platform that's not really too important ,correct? Some old 775 would work? Unless it would be worth mining on a 5960X
Yes I have my own wallet through electrum

Views

Looks like your connection to Real Hardware Reviews Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.