Been busy these last few weeks - BTC Rig building

Those GPU's showed up last week their from a few customers of mine

First mining rig I made that is fully up and going
Worked well even though sadly we got 4 bad risers in that order 😞

The rig running

Will have 2 or 3 really different ones coming up does anyone want build logs or videos?

Also building my own custom miner shortly for a super low cost and low wattage miner

PS when building these rigs I have seen some very odd BTC Voodoo

When you start to build lots of these rigs some of the strangest things will happen such as risers that short out some psu's where they work great on others or systems that will only output on a different gpu every time you reboot 😛

I have a few rigs planned when I get back home. Have some video cards and mobos to dig up.

@tray:

I have a few rigs planned when I get back home. Have some video cards and mobos to dig up.

Nice I should head up your way one of these days and would could hammer out a ton of builds

Yeah that would be good. Have a room full of stuff, lol.

Interesting, you've givin me some ideas I'll have to check my scrap metal/aluminum stashes in the garage and shed.

So, how important is system ram in mining can I get by on 4GB or do you need 8GB or 16GB?

@upcoast:

Interesting, you've givin me some ideas I'll have to check my scrap metal/aluminum stashes in the garage and shed.

So, how important is system ram in mining can I get by on 4GB or do you need 8GB or 16GB?

Only 4 needed 🙂

Built up a Ethereum rig today with 2 290x cards. One of these cards is way faster than my gtx 1080. I would of used the third card but I have to pull my 1200w ps out of another computer. Checked memory express and they don't have anything over 1000w in stock, lol.

How's profitability with the drop in eth?

Views