Let's FIGHT!

Greetings all. I see a lot of members of HWC on here. I hope this place is not as tight assed and rigid as HWC, probably the main reason I left that site. It is the internet after all, let's not take ourselves too seriously.
Anyhoo. I'll contribute what I can.

@Squeetard:

Greetings all. I see a lot of members of HWC on here. I hope this place is not as tight assed and rigid as HWC, probably the main reason I left that site. It is the internet after all, let's not take ourselves too seriously.

We have a good group here but people will not be banned for drinking comments or things like that like other places hell we have a section dedicated to booze haha

Make a "Let's figth" section !

That's a good idea. another non tech related site I post at has a "Cripple fights" forum and threads that degenerate into flame wars get moved there.

@Squeetard:

Oh shit!  There goes the neighborhood.  😛

Glad to see you found the place mate.

Only thing 'we' have a stick up our arses on is trolling newbies looking for help.  Anyone pissing on someone looking for help gets banhammered.  Other than that the mod squad here are much more laid back…hell they even made ME one.  😉

Good to see there is some reasonable moderation here. We can't have total Anarchy. I can't stand it when people ask questions and then get jumped on anyways.

The only one HWC problem I see from my point of the view, is the prohibition to religious debate. It makes some sense, because religion is not based on facts, but on belief. And you can't argue with belief.

However when belief is not based on fact, then that is just this - belief. And therefore people should not feel offended when someone disagree of challenge their beliefs. After all, we all believe in something, and that it is.

Speaking about forum fight - have you ever heard about ForumWars? 🙂
Funny to play and try - even my slow-arse computer (graphic in PCI mode really suxx, other that that I would not be complaining so much) can play it well!

http://www.forumwarz.com

😉

@GaK_45:

@Squeetard:

Oh shit!  There goes the neighborhood.  😛

Glad to see you found the place mate.

Only thing 'we' have a stick up our arses on is trolling newbies looking for help.  Anyone pissing on someone looking for help gets banhammered.  Other than that the mod squad here are much more laid back…hell they even made ME one.  😉

Or posting anything illegal / deviant etc etc.
Stay within that and I am sure things will be okay.

-Shiver

@Squeetard:

That's a good idea. another non tech related site I post at has a "Cripple fights" forum and threads that degenerate into flame wars get moved there.

Now that is hilarious!

Not only hilarious, but practical! Because there is no way or reason to fight each other over opinions, prejudices or just willfull ignorance. Therefore - to the cripples fight it goes ;D

…but sometimes is also good to push the borders, because only pushing could expand them 😉

@trodas:

Not only hilarious, but practical! Because there is no way or reason to fight each other over opinions, prejudices or just willfull ignorance. Therefore - to the cripples fight it goes ;D

…but sometimes is also good to push the borders, because only pushing could expand them 😉

My father actually has one of those:

@Squeetard:

Heheheh, there's a few people that have been chased away…

Glad to see more people moving over from HWC, maybe they'll take a hint when most of the regulars stop visiting.

Arinoth - heheh, looks like your father is prepared well! 🙂 Gotta buy bigger one too  ;D But… there are other things to take care first, but it is on my TO-DO list  😉

Great_Big_Abyss -

HWC - Heheheh, there's a few people that have been chased away…

True. That gotta remind me of AkG - IIRC he got sucked in the the flame that erupted around C(lie)mate (recommended search on ScrewTube thing) and it was not accepted well by other mods and I feel partly responsible for this, because I was the one that posted the informations, that heated the discussion in first place, never taking into account that many people can act immaturely (some things are - for some people - like a religion, so, TABO that others cannot touch it, not even with ten foot pole…) Gotta invite him there!

supaflyx3 - agreed, competiton is good anyway! 🙂

"Competition is a sin!" -John D. Rockefeller

…some people will always disagree  ;D  ;D  ;D

@supaflyx3:

Careful what you wish for.  😉

LOL!!!  ;D

I'm not affraid  😉 Bring it on!

;D

@supaflyx3:

Glad to see more people moving over from HWC, maybe they'll take a hint when most of the regulars stop visiting.

Keep in mind that a forum if it intends to grow and gain sponsorship from bigger manufacturers needs to have  a certain level of civility to it. If you lose control of that on a forum, you lose the very key that keeps a site running and operational (review site at least). I think too many people fail to realize that rules are put in place for a reason.

"Those who do not learn from history, are damned to repeat it"

-Shiver

@supaflyx3:

Careful what you wish for.  😉

…and thats my queue to enter stage left. 😛

I've been posting more over at the Anandtech forum lately. Anything goes there it seems, and this is a major tech site. I don't know why HWC has to try and be so politically correct, they are fighting a losing battle and driving away long time users.