Not that long ago I made a thread about wanting to sell the 8086K I won to upgrade my GPU. This resulted in a trade for a GTX 1070 Ti from Soullessone21. Hopefully the 8086K will get pushed a bit and reviewed for the site in the not too distant future, but in the meantime I just received the 1070 Ti.

The old and the new (coming from my XFX 280X...hard to believe the 1070 Ti is actually a bit smaller)

alt text

In and ready to rock. Time for some gaming!

alt text

last edited by Bond007

Rig looks great, the 280x looks like one I used to own haha.

Hows the gaming results? Is the upgrade noticeable?

thanks for sharing

What will you play with this new shiny GPU!

It should be better, that nearly double the GPU power

Have you cranked up the resolution too?

Definetly noticeable. Tried a few games and maxed all graphics without issue. Immediately made a custom fan profile though, since the factory profile favours noise over cooling...not that it is loud at all now, but the fans are actually spinning more than a few hundred rpm.

Haven’t done any real fps testing. Some games aren’t running though, so I may need a reinstall of them after the gpu swap.

On the hunt for a monitor upgrade now and still debating in my head if I do 1440 or 4K. I honestly think I will go 4K ips 27” and just accept no AA and some reduced settings in demanding games. I am having a hard time justifying the same cost for a 1440p screen. My arm could still be twisted though pending opinions and sales.

I know what you mean about not wanting to spend the same on 27" 1440P and 27"4K however IMHO 27" 4k is just too small of a display for that res. I would suggest if you want to go 4k look for something larger. Perhaps 40-43" 4K. I have seen and used one for short time and liked it! I know there are likely many and you may be one that disagree with me and that is fine. Just thought I would mention it. Cheers

@Mightyunit said in Graphics card upgraded!:

I know what you mean about not wanting to spend the same on 27" 1440P and 27"4K however IMHO 27" 4k is just too small of a display for that res. I would suggest if you want to go 4k look for something larger. Perhaps 40-43" 4K. I have seen and used one for short time and liked it! I know there are likely many and you may be one that disagree with me and that is fine. Just thought I would mention it. Cheers

Stuck in the same conundrum right now haha, I need a new 4k screen but also need a flight to Vegas... no winning right now haha

I need a editing monitor so color corrected is key and agree larger is important thinking 32+ is min for myself but the price point is over my max 😞

Views