Next Giveaway - Help me Help you

Prepping the next giveaway, wanted to know what everyone's thoughts on the next giveaway, Should we post a video first to show off what the giveaway is? as well as a build log of said giveaway as it may or may not be a custom built tower.

Your votes really help also this giveaway will include,
Some of our staff and reviewers favorite hardware of the last year is included,
Over 1K USD and counting is going into this giveaway. Another Question, YES or NO to RGB???!?!?!

Not sure a giveaway video or specifically reviewing the giveaway would be worth time time. I voted forum build log and giveaway, but I would also be interested in a forum build log with a short video of the completed build as well.

RGB is going to be a tough one. I have never used it in my own builds, since I try and keep it clean, but it likely would make it more attractive to the current general gaming crowd.

Final point...I think the giveaway needs to have something to motivate people to be active on the site, forum, etc. Not sure exactly how to execute, but options could include things like extra entries for people who have been on the forum for more than a month, or entries for min 5/10 useful posts to a thread, posting on multiple days during the giveaway period, referring a friend, sharing on FB (even though I generally hate doing stuff like that myself), etc. I am sure there are lots of options, but too many sign up for the giveaway and never come back. Thoughts?

last edited by Bond007

Forum build... its fun to see all the steps that bring it together! 🙂

@StaticFX said in Next Giveaway - Help me Help you:

Fully agree and speaking of which.... where have all our epic static builds been? haha you taking a break from the epic builds?

@Bond007 said in Next Giveaway - Help me Help you:

Not sure a giveaway video or specifically reviewing the giveaway would be worth time time. I voted forum build log and giveaway, but I would also be interested in a forum build log with a short video of the completed build as well.

RGB is going to be a tough one. I have never used it in my own builds, since I try and keep it clean, but it likely would make it more attractive to the current general gaming crowd.

Final point...I think the giveaway needs to have something to motivate people to be active on the site, forum, etc. Not sure exactly how to execute, but options could include things like extra entries for people who have been on the forum for more than a month, or entries for min 5/10 useful posts to a thread, posting on multiple days during the giveaway period, referring a friend, sharing on FB (even though I generally hate doing stuff like that myself), etc. I am sure there are lots of options, but too many sign up for the giveaway and never come back. Thoughts?

For the review would more or less be we review the product that is being given away, so say we build a full gaming system we do a video on building it, testing it and review how the combo came together.

RGB I agree with you there not a fan but understand the new gamers are fans of it on their fans 😛

Fully agree with the motivating points, thinking the best way to hit this is a long-term mega giveaway that we keep upgrading as more people invite more people and what not and adding to for say xmas. Each month we have mini gpu, ram, ssd giveaways to keep people interested.

All just thoughts nothing set in stone

@Soullessone21

@Soullessone21 said in Next Giveaway - Help me Help you:

Fully agree and speaking of which.... where have all our epic static builds been? haha you taking a break from the epic builds?

lol well yeah.. spent too much money and time on the last one... and now with a son in college, and us planning on moving south.. all time and money is gone lol 🙂

@Soullessone21

@Soullessone21 said in Next Giveaway - Help me Help you:

lol well yeah.. spent too much money and time on the last one... and now with a son in college, and us planning on moving south.. all time and money is gone lol 🙂

damn man we loved your build logs. best of luck with all the travels and son in the money pit... I mean higher education. 🙂

Yes to RGB, use that gtx 1070 from GB! Use a GB mobo with LEDs rows between the memory dimms!

@MARSTG said in Next Giveaway - Help me Help you:

Yes to RGB, use that gtx 1070 from GB! Use a GB mobo with LEDs rows between the memory dimms!

RGB is not bad but sadly no we will not be using the GB 1070 cards as they weigh far too much and the risk of shipping damage is too high.

Their boards are very nice looking but PNY actually sent us a asus board a little while back for this giveaway 🙂

@Soullessone21 ship the card in the packaging (not installed)... if the winner cant plug in a GPU, then they have to forfeit their PCMR card and give the prize to the next winner lol

@StaticFX haha not a bad idea, but we already have a deal with one company to include their micro-sized gaming card 🙂

The Gigabyte card weighs about as much as half a rig 😛

Views