News Ticker
  • Join us in our daily conversations to keep up with giveaways and reviews
  • RHR Forums

Zotac AMP! GTX 1070: Versatility and value Review

Not that long ago we took a long hard look at the Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1070 and walked away very impressed with what it had to offer. Everything from its good noise levels, to its excellent overclocking potential, to its extremely reasonable asking price really did endear it to us. Though it was its combination of a large custom cooling solution with three large fans which really pushed it over the line and into great value territory. In that article we did hint at a couple NVIDIA GTX 1070s that we knew of that were potentially even more impressive. One of these were obliquely referencing was the Zotac AMP! GTX 1070.intro - Zotac AMP! GTX 1070: Versatility and value

The Zotac AMP! GTX 1070 may not get quite as much recognition as its bigger brother the Zotac AMP! Extreme, but that is not to say it is anything other than a pixel pushing beast. In fact, its value is nearly unmatched in the GTX 1070 marketplace. This is because while it is factory rating of 1797 MHz is not as extreme as the Zotac AMP! Extremes of the marketplace, the fact of the matter is this dual slot card will easily hit the overclocking limits NVIDIA has artificially decreed for the 1070 series long before it runs out of performance potential. Mix in the fact it only costs $390 (or about 5 percent less than the GB AORUS 1070, or ~9 percent less than an EVGA FTW2 1070) and the Zotac AMP! Edition GTX 1070 has an excellent overall value.

Put another way, the Zotac AMP! GTX 1070 has less installation issues, costs noticeably less and yet offers nearly all the overclocking headroom of premium priced models. The only major differences will be in noise, temperature and maybe a few MHz on the final overclock. We will go over these differences in the coming pages and then you can decide if you agree with our assessment of how big a hidden gem this card was, is, and probably will be in the coming months. We hope you enjoy our continuing efforts to help show you the best options of NVIIDAs last generation.int - Zotac AMP! GTX 1070: Versatility and value

Full ReviewTwitterFacebook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Newest Posts

• Hello everyone, now I am choosing between several laptops, but maybe you can advise me something better my priorities: mostly just for home, for watching movies and YouTube, for some light games (a couple of times a month), and sometimes for work (mostly google drive, various marketing resources, nothing heavy) around 600 USD 15.6" or more Acer, Asus? Order on Amazon? Windows prefarable 256 SSD or more. I will leave links of those notebooks that I am thinking about now https://www.amazon.com/Acer-A515-44-R41B-Hexa-Core-Processor-Graphics/dp/B087N4ZRXV?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_simh_hd_bw_b2N0e&pf_rd_r=61THRATEMWAKYQZB6J7M&pf_rd_p=121acd9e-769b-5530-ae68-5a92ebd704d6&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=565108 https://www.amazon.com/Acer-A515-55-56VK-i5-1035G1-Fingerprint-Keyboard/dp/B087RTV311/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&qid=1613042065&rnid=13896617011&s=computers-intl-ship&sr=1-10 THANKS!   Cali employee monitoring software
    • Hopefully, everyone can get this card before the bots do. Full unboxing of the new Nvidia 3060 Ti Gaming X Trio from MSI below:  
    • Rest assured that no matter if you choose a mainstream Core i5, a high-end Core i7, or the enthusiast Core i9 that you will be getting a very good to excellent processor. All three offer a lot of performance without all that much upfront cost. It just is those who want to get the best, most optimal, option for their needs should put more time, thought, and effort into their decision. So do your homework. Think about what you actually do with your system. Then come to your own conclusions. Not what anyone, including us, tell you what you should be buying. Doing otherwise may result in a rather major disservice to yourself and your next system.   Read the full review below: https://www.realhardwarereviews.com/intel-core-i7-10700k-core-i5-10600k-review/
    • In summary, if you are looking for a good deal, do not need it to be ‘the fastest’ PCIe 3.0 drive going, and do not plan on hammering it with more than 50% of the free capacity at one time, the Silicon Power UD70 2TB is a good option at a great price. Just understand the target demographics it was built for and the compromises required to hit its low asking price before you track one down.   Read the full review below:  https://www.realhardwarereviews.com/silicon-power-ud70-2tb-review/
    • In summary, if you are looking for a good deal, do not need it to be ‘the fastest’ PCIe 3.0 drive going, and do not plan on hammering it with more than 50% of the free capacity at one time, the Silicon Power UD70 2TB is a good option at a great price. Just understand the target demographics it was built for and the compromises required to hit its low asking price before you track one down.   Read the full review below:  https://www.realhardwarereviews.com/silicon-power-ud70-2tb-review/