Z170 Bios modding to use 8th and 9th gen cpus

I am thinking I should mod the bios of my Z170-a mobo so that I could install an 8700k or a 9700k. Right now I am using a 6700k and I would like more power. Have people here at RHR got into bios modding? I have been reading a little over at Fernando's Win-RAID Forum on this topic but they are over my head ATM. I have my bios modded using an all-in-one tool created mostly by Revlaay. I am not sure if I am good to go or not. I need to bounce my progress off of some experience people...

@Mightyunit said in Z170 Bios modding to use 8th and 9th gen cpus:

I am thinking I should mod the bios of my Z170-a mobo so that I could install an 8700k or a 9700k. Right now I am using a 6700k and I would like more power. Have people here at RHR got into bios modding? I have been reading a little over at Fernando's Win-RAID Forum on this topic but they are over my head ATM. I have my bios modded using an all-in-one tool created mostly by Revlaay. I am not sure if I am good to go or not. I need to bounce my progress off of some experience people...

I few guys in my btc group have tried I'll get their info for you and see if I can help:)

Good to know, I have a Z170i on th way to replaced a broken B150i. I'll see if I can upgrade my CPU later on (i5 6600).

Views