MSI GF63 - opinions? - best price? -other options?

I have been keeping my eyes open for a new laptop for the last while. A general use 14-15.6” that can handle some gaming. I want it to have thin boarders and be <2kg. <$1000.

I have just stumbled on an MSI GF63. Gtx1050 8gb i5 8300H. $900 at newegg. Only has a 7200rpm drive, but I would drop an ssd in.

Anyone have any input on it? Know where I could get an even better price (or a better model for a similar price)? Any other options you can think off?

Let me know what you think?

Honestly had a few msi laptops for the past few years and love mine. Only thing I noticed is there is a lower cost lenovo with a better GPU but worse CPU. Never used lenovo so not sure of quality.

Msi laptops tend to last even abused like mine but the audio ports tend to be sub par just a heads up.

Looking around I cannot seem to find a much better deal at all but a cheap nvme drive would make that thing fly 🙂

Thanks for the info reference msi laptops. It’s been tough trying to find a smaller/lighter 14-15.6 that doesn’t suck and without breaking the bank. I don’t want to spend a lot, since I generally only use my laptop when away from home. Not decided on this yet, but I am wondering if I should pull the trigger or not.

@Bond007 said in MSI GF63 - opinions? - best price? -other options?:

Thanks for the info reference msi laptops. It’s been tough trying to find a smaller/lighter 14-15.6 that doesn’t suck and without breaking the bank. I don’t want to spend a lot, since I generally only use my laptop when away from home. Not decided on this yet, but I am wondering if I should pull the trigger or not.

there is also a $80 mail-in rebate on that model.

Honestly seems like a good sale even with just the 1050 4gb but that is still a solid 1080p gaming card. Also a low cost Nvme drive will power you through

That is a solid laptop for gaming and everyday use, sold 3 at place I work at. So far every customer happy.
There is a HP nvme 1TB on sale for like $219. That would work great.

@yzfraven said in MSI GF63 - opinions? - best price? -other options?:

That is a solid laptop for gaming and everyday use, sold 3 at place I work at. So far every customer happy.
There is a HP nvme 1TB on sale for like $219. That would work great.

Agree with it being a solid laptop, I will need to upgrade one of these days but my old GT70 with 970m Got the laptop in 2015 and it is still solid today. what amazes me the most is the battery is solid.

Also MSi laptops are super easy to upgrade so you will have no worries there.
My stock specs
i7 4710mq
8gb ddr3 1333
gtx 970m
1tb 7200rpm drive

Now I have
32gb DDR3 1600
1.5TB Raid 0 MX300 2 750gb SSDs

The i7 is starting to age due to bad cooling and same with the 970m need to upgrade them in the future 🙂

Think you will enjoy the new MSI for years but did the sale end already?

Views