Long story short here is what’s going on:
- did a fresh install of windows
- the computer would not full shutdown or restart (required a hard power down)
- trouble shot everything as best I could
- while trouble shooting I eventually tried a windows refresh (or whatever it’s called where it keeps your personal stuff). This resulted in it saying it was unable and went back to the previous state.
- after the next shutdown the computer now posts and within a second or 2 re-posts...etc etc.
- can’t get into bios
- ram has been swapped, ssd confirmed functional, old Hdd installed...all with no effect. Pulled everything apart and there is nothing visibly wrong. CMOs battery pulled and reinstalled.
Any ideas on what could be going on, or isold faithful dead? It’s an acer 5560.