Tweaking my Y530 - Any advise? i7 8750H and GTX 1050Ti

So I didn't take long to start playing with trying to optimise my recent laptop purchase. With a bit of googling I have found myself using throttlestop and afterburner for the CPU/GPU respectively. Stock the temps where mid 80s on the cpu and mid 60s on the gpu in game. Loading just the CPU had it approaching 90.

CPU - using throttlestop I have it on -140mV (obviously I worked towards finding this value), which has stopped me from being power limited on the cpu and stopped power throttling. However, for gaming I have left the undervolt, but limited the CPU to max 3.2ghz. With these adjustments (stock fan profile), the CPU is now maxing out in game at mid 60s. I am monitoring CPU usage in game to make sure it isn't limiting me...so far it isn't even close.

GPU - again, after googling how to make the 1050 Ti more efficient on a locked down gpu I found out about modifying the voltage/frequency curve with afterburner. I am still tweaking for now, but so far I have the curve going to a peak of +172mhz over the baseline curve. This gets me 1860 mhz in game at 0.975v and not hitting the power limit (which was reducing it from reaching this max boost state). With the stock curve it wasn't reaching this frequency until 1.13v. Also, the memory is at +100 (200 effective). Still tweaking both of these, but so far it is getting me higher fps (didn't write down the differences though), by maintaining max boost freq and temps are 2-3 degrees lower (low 60s).

Anyone else played with a 1050 Ti (mobile) or 8750h, and if so what are your results? Anyone else have any advice/pointers? First time using throttlestop or this curve editor.

Hmm really wish I could be more help where but still using a 4710qm and 970m 😞

I do have a lenovo on the repair bench with similar specs I'll see if I can do some testing and benching once it's repaired.

That would be great if you get a chance!

Views