Griffin Survivor Review Comment Thread

More protection = bigger size and weight. That is the physical law and there is no way around it. However given the cost of the phone, then where is danger of getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone damaged, there it is IMHO more that worthy protection. I was surprised to read that even the touchscreen worked well.
Of course, slight problems with the volume buttons are somewhat expectable, because the case might not fit so perfectly… and it is hard to balance the safety and not restricted functionality. At least the frequently used menu button worked perfectly. Setting volume usually one do once and keep it that was - unless playing too much music, then it might cause a little iritation sometimes.
But once again, compared the price to the price of the phone, then I would be inclined to say that this is perfect protection case for Galaxy. Such Galaxy S4 cannot the ghost of Steve Jobs break out so easily: http://youtu.be/GXr1kmuqGcU  lol

Anyway, thanks for nice review, Shiver. Nicely done, I like the covering of all ports with detachable pieces, very good.

@trodas:

More protection = bigger size and weight. That is the physical law and there is no way around it. However given the cost of the phone, then where is danger of getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone damaged, there it is IMHO more that worthy protection. I was surprised to read that even the touchscreen worked well.
Of course, slight problems with the volume buttons are somewhat expectable, because the case might not fit so perfectly… and it is hard to balance the safety and not restricted functionality. At least the frequently used menu button worked perfectly. Setting volume usually one do once and keep it that was - unless playing too much music, then it might cause a little iritation sometimes.
But once again, compared the price to the price of the phone, then I would be inclined to say that this is perfect protection case for Galaxy. Such Galaxy S4 cannot the ghost of Steve Jobs break out so easily: http://youtu.be/GXr1kmuqGcU  lol

Anyway, thanks for nice review, Shiver. Nicely done, I like the covering of all ports with detachable pieces, very good.

Size and Protection is always a compromise, but I did bring it up and find it noteworthy only because to some people that might be a deal breaker of a problem.
The volume control issue was a bit dis-concerning only because it would sometimes do it on its own without me even attempting to input anything. Otherwise I felt that everything else aside it was a good solution.

Thanks for reading,

-ST

Views