If you have read my Y530 laptop tweaking adventures, it got me wanting to play with the same techniques on my 1070 Ti. While I am not after a max OC, I am after getting something for nothing (so to speak). I have set out to get my GPU running as fast and efficient as I can, while staying within the factory power envelope. In my laptop I was trying to get the max default boost speeds at lower voltages, but with this I was aiming for a bit of an OC, while still trying to improve efficiency.
Using afterburner I have done the following so far:
- Left the power and temp limits as per stock (most people start their OC by maxing these out, but as I said I don't necessarily want max fps, but more fps per watt)
- From there I opened the curve editor (ctrl+f) within afterburner.
- Based on some starting point info I had from others online I initially slid the entire curve up 201mhz (hold shift while sliding the curve in its entirety...didn't hit apply, for fear of a crash)...for some reason it wouldnt stay at 200....OCD did not like that
- My initial goal is an eye pleasing 2000mhz core, so I started sliding the right most points down to 2000mhz one at a time until the 1.1v mark (again, based on what I have seen online I figured this would be a sure safe starting point.
- After a benchmark run for 2-3 min I was content that it was stable enough to continue, so I would keep raising additional points to 2000 mhz moving left across the chart. This gets me the same 2000mhz at a lower voltage.
A work in progress, since I haven't had any artifacts yet, and haven't touched the memory.
Results so far:
Stock - 1889 mhz @ 1.125v (max boost)
Now - 2000 mhz @ 1.0v
Hopefully more to come.