kids and RGB'z... I should already have known

Are kids looking for a computer to game on really drawn to any pc with RGB's even if performance of the rig is not that good? So I am in my mid 30's and did not realize how superficial some (maybe lots) of so called gamers are when it comes their computer. I am selling a computer and trying to keep it cheap. However I think I may be well advised to spend more and add all the RGB's to the case. I know presentation matters, I did not realize it superseded performance. What do you think, do you guys find the same thing?

My kids are the same way I have a ton of different rgb fans and strips going in my new rig when I get back I'll post what I think of each.

Also there are some low cost rgb mechanical keyboards on Amazon same with mousepad and mice.

@Mightyunit said in kids and RGB'z... I should already have known:

Just ordered these... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HMHW5WQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will now have all the sells.

Nice find will give that a shot to, have some uphere products already they are a solid meh not good not bad haha

Keep us posted on the build

For $40 I would not expect a quality product unfortunately. Great thing about Amazon is that return policy πŸ™‚

Amazon has got you covered. I like shopping at Amazon to save money. But sometimes I like shopping local just to meet and greet as now I have a full time job.

Amazon is taking over the world of electronics. They partnered with BestBuy offering everything Amazon like tablets and TVs. You can pricematch Amazon on everything now when shopping at BB

It would be nice to shop local but there simply isn't anything where I live

It would be nice to shop local but there simply isn't anything where I live

yah same or they are massive companies already filled with greed and 15 year old a holes who talk down to you when you go to buy something.
haha

hahaha that would hilarious to see happen! I am sure you could put them in their place πŸ™‚ In the past the few times I have been in a store shopping tech it has been funny to correct the sales people. Shopping TV's I remember specifically teaching them a few things... I am always very nice and polite but it is funny anyway. I mean that is how they are trying to make a living! know your stuff!

hahaha that would hilarious to see happen! I am sure you could put them in their place πŸ™‚ In the past the few times I have been in a store shopping tech it has been funny to correct the sales people. Shopping TV's I remember specifically teaching them a few things... I am always very nice and polite but it is funny anyway. I mean that is how they are trying to make a living! know your stuff!

110% agree, I am always polite as well no point in making a hostile work environment. often people argue with me when I go for a value item or cable that I am modding as they always go "you know you need to buy xyz with this so you should just but the product that costs 200% more"

had that happen with a LED strip that was open box missing the cables and was only $3 due to this. I already had this kit which was awesome. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07M6D5DSH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 odd part is they used to have a better kit as I ordered a far better one here: Capture.JPG

The above kit is awesome for doing multiple custom builds, $12.99 and you have every possible rgb connection(other than phanteks custom connections) you could ever need

Great, I will keep those in mind. So far I have not played with RGB strips. However to the RGB fans I ordered, yesterday I added an RGB cooler: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HL3N9NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
AND RGB ram heatspreders: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CM8P7HM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I realize they may suck. We'll see πŸ™‚

Great, I will keep those in mind. So far I have not played with RGB strips. However to the RGB fans I ordered, yesterday I added an RGB cooler: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HL3N9NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
AND RGB ram heatspreders: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CM8P7HM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I realize they may suck. We'll see πŸ™‚

I demand a build log haha this actually looks interesting

haha we will see πŸ™‚

I am still looking for a video card or two πŸ˜‰

My RGBz have arrived.!!20190227_184456.jpg 20190227_183835.jpg 20190227_183812.jpg 20190227_183544.jpg

Unfortunately I was not able to try the cooler. It did not fit in this case. Have a look at all the cheap RGBzzz πŸ™‚

20190228_162526.jpg 20190228_162508.jpg 20190228_162334.jpg 20190228_160824.jpg 20190228_160754.jpg 20190228_160735.jpg

Dude they maybe cheap but they look awesome great work πŸ™‚

Ya not too bad. Hopefully someone out there agrees and wants to buy it.

If this puter had an i5 or an i7 it would really help too. Kids around here steer clear of an i3. i5 6600, 6700, 7600, and 7700 k and non k parts seem hard to find and feel over priced. Otherwise I would put one in! If anyone knows of a cpu selling for cheap please let me know πŸ™‚

Your investing in all the rgb just to sell? Looks pretty good. What are the specs of the computer?

hahah yes I did :). I was curious to see if the RGBness would attract more interest.

Windows 10 PRO (New fresh install)
Intel 7100
16GB RGB ram
Corsair spec 05 case (new)
Asus h270-a prime
EVGA 450W psu (new)
crucial mx300 275GB SSD
Samsung 320GB HDD
RGB fans with remote control (new)

What you think this should fetch?

I am letting people choose between an RX570 4GB or a 1070 of some kind (at an additional cost to the computer)

It’s going to be interesting. A mix of i3 with decent gpus and 16gb ram. You may have more luck selling cheaper with 8gb ram and the rx 570...great budget gamer. Sell off the other 8gb ram and the 1070 separately. With the i3 16gb ram and the 1070 I suspect you will get excessively low balled.

Views