kids and RGB'z... I should already have known

I agree with your assessment.

Here is the back story on this computer. My brother asked me to build him a simple web browsing machine on the cheap. John helped me out and I was able to get the i3, mobo and 8GB ram. After buying the rest of the parts for the build and assembling it by brother backs out. Just great :(. So now I am trying to sell it into a market that really is not interested in an i3. I have tried to entice people by adding more ram and now for fun RGB. I would consider swapping in an i5 or i7 but they are hard to find and overpriced IMO. I think you correct. I should strip this thing and sell it stupid CHEAP! Remove 8GB of ram, SSD and the RGB. Maybe that is the way to go? So much wasted time on this one.

I would just list it for a week with the rx570 and 8gb ram and see if you get any hits, time is money and many people may see that as a flashy kids pc

Thanks for the advice! That sounds like a good plan.

@Soullessone21 said in kids and RGB'z... I should already have known:

I would just list it for a week with the rx570 and 8gb ram and see if you get any hits, time is money and many people may see that as a flashy kids pc

And to be honest, with 8gb and the 570 it would make a great occasional gamer/kids pc.

@Bond007 said in kids and RGB'z... I should already have known:

And to be honest, with 8gb and the 570 it would make a great occasional gamer/kids pc.

Yah I think it makes a great gaming system outpowers my sons system haha. Honestly the system does have all the power to play any games. One thing I do that helps sell systems fast is find the game of the week and post on the fs ad "runs apex at 100fps" but of course you test the game on the system and give real fps.

This answers the first questions people ask "can it run xyz" and the second "how well at 1080p" this way people who really want the games jump at the systems. Win win

I agree it makes a neat little system. It will take someone that can look past the "i3", GPU with "4GB" and "450 watt" psu. Those seem to be hot buttons with people around here. I had a deal just about done and then he ran scared when he found out it only had 450W on the 12v rail... smh

If you guys had to put a number on a system like this, what would it be?

last edited by Mightyunit

Last year I bought a used i3 7100 cpu with a MSI B250M Pro - VDH for $150

8gb 2x4gb kingston hyperx 2133 for $60 used

Still not sold. In the small "city" near me I think I have saturated the market... OR they are really cheap! hhahhah 😞

Ok so RGB'z did not sell the system. Lesson learned??? I am not so sure. This is bothering me, I need the money out of that system!

I got the i3 7100 because my mom uses the i3 to stream YT only. I think you need a i5 to sell it.

Let's hunt for a deal on a few used i5 6/7 gens we can split I'll keep you posted

@eyetrance said in kids and RGB'z... I should already have known:

I got the i3 7100 because my mom uses the i3 to stream YT only. I think you need a i5 to sell it.

I think you are right. However I thought there would be some kid out there that would be satisfied with:

-CS:GO = 196 FPS avg
-Fortnite (high preset) = 81 FPS avg
-Apex Legends (highest setting) = 92 FPS avg
-BF1 (medium) = 107 FPS avg

...even if it only has an i3 and is priced right.

Let's hunt for a deal on a few used i5 6/7 gens we can split I'll keep you posted

I think that is a good idea. Likely you know of greener pastures because the ones I have been grazing are barren. haha hope that made sense...

It seems 6th/7th gen are hard to find and then overpriced. Ryzen 3000 series will make 2C4T parts look stupid. Even 4C8T parts like 6700k will seems super low end. I guess that is a good thing. I am rambling but it feels like NOW is the time to sell those parts before their value plummets... unless I am wrong

last edited by Mightyunit

I would part it out. You might get some people wanting the board and cpu bundle. If priced right

I will resist parting it out for now but thank you for the suggestion

@Mightyunit said in kids and RGB'z... I should already have known:

I will resist parting it out for now but thank you for the suggestion

Almost tempted to say send it to rhr we can make a video on it and help you sell it in the big city 🙂

what kind of video would that be?

@Mightyunit do a "Mighty(RGB)Unit value gaming rig"
In today's video we take a look at one of our forum members builds and see how much we can sell it for locally.

Ps shipped haha

Views