please suggest a mobo for R5 3600/X

I am thinking that there will no need for an X570 board if I am after an R5 3600 or X. What would you guys suggest I get?

-B450 or X470?
-which ones are your go to favs and why?

Do you think they will ship with a compatible bios? That could be a headache!

@Mightyunit are you going for smaller build or larger

myself my next AMD board will be a itx as I really want to build a few smaller rigs.

MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC
will be my next love the dual rgb headers for reviewing itx cases(RHR is moving tons into cases over the next year, was not planned they just started showing up haha)

if your going MATX and ATX I really like the new Asrock boards to

I may do an ATX and a mATX build.

Should I be concerned about ASROCK and their bios not been fully functional or kinda janky?

Personally I would go for a b450, since I don’t need the features the x boards provide in addition. That being said, sales at the time of purchase can sway me. My board preferences have typically gone asus, msi, gigabyte, ASRock. That being said, it seems that ASRock has been stepping up their game lately, and asus usually carry a bit of a premium price for the features. With those factors (and my bang for buck nature) I generally see Msi and ASRock as my leading choices.

last edited by Bond007

@Mightyunit I know the newer asrock boards have done a far better job some of the older ones are really disappointing, they will always have a place in my heart for building a 939 board during the am3 gen I really need to do a video on this random board I still own haha

Thanks for the replies guys. It was helpful for sure.

@Soullessone21

My only ASROCK board was a S393 Dual Vsta. It had an 8x AGP slot AND a 16X PCI-e slot!!! It was great. I could OC my 3800+ X2 to some high clocks as well.

I should also ask, if I buy a STRIX B450-F GAMING what are the odds it will come with a BIOS supporting Gen 3 Ryzen?

@Mightyunit Some of the Asus board are up to date. but if not the store you buy it from should be able to do the bios update for free.
I know Memory Express does free bios update with purchase of the motherboard. If you ask them.

@yzfraven I will likely order from Newegg.ca. I do not live near a brick and mortar. This could be a PITA if the board needs a bios flash. I imagine most boards do not offer flashing without a cpu intsalled... too bad!

asrock fatality or Legend.

@MARSTG Thanks! may I ask why? Have you used them?

@Mightyunit Also if you need to flash them I keep a spare 1300 ryzen and would be happy to lend it to you, it is used for flashing purposes mainly.

@Mightyunit said in please suggest a mobo for R5 3600/X:

@MARSTG Thanks! may I ask why? Have you used them?

Statistically very good reviews without being overpriced. I used a B450M and liked it a lot. Taichi line is excellent too I hear.

@RX00 Get out of here you damn Italian Canadian πŸ˜›

Thanks for confirming you broke it and not me

@Soullessone21 said in please suggest a mobo for R5 3600/X:

@RX00 Get out of here you damn Italian Canadian πŸ˜›

Thanks for confirming you broke it and not me

You do know I am Italian as well John.. lol