Was going to buy AMD but...

Newegg.ca wants $54.64 for shipping! The R5 3600 is priced at $270 and I thought was pretty good. Disappointed!!! I woke up today planning on ordering as system or two.

Anyone know of a cheaper place to buy these?

Noticed the same, very odd stock on other CPUs to like tons of 3400g but not a lot of everything else.

Hunting around and seeing rip offs everywhere on other CPUs with shipping.

Wanted to get a 3600 myself but don't think I will be, trying to find a good price on a 3400g for my itx test benches.

For myself to be honest I am more frustrated with our new amd reps with these launches then I am with the launch itself haha

Forgot to say that it says preorder, but the description says good stock for launch and expect to ship on 8 July

@Bond007 nice find but sold out.

Also consider price matching the lower priced Newegg CPUs with memx as they seem to have lots of stock.

Mike's charges PST... Blimy

@Soullessone21 said in Was going to buy AMD but...:

For myself to be honest I am more frustrated with our new amd reps with these launches then I am with the launch itself haha

What is wrong with teh reps?

@Mightyunit oh last December our Rep moved on and the 2 replacements are extreme time wasters, once a week they call or send huge emails about nda stuff, call us to discuss and promise us hardware request us to set time aside for them then never ship. Called them out on this and they send a copy and paste reply then try the same shit again.

Last week had to help one to fix her emails as she was having a issue, spent the time to help her out then requested a update on samples and got a copy and paste reply.

Really miss Jason as that guy was truly respectful and professional. Also knew his shit Haha

@Mightyunit oh last December our Rep moved on and the 2 replacements are extreme time wasters, once a week they call or send huge emails about nda stuff, call us to discuss and promise us hardware request us to set time aside for them then never ship. Called them out on this and they send a copy and paste reply then try the same shit again.

Last week had to help one to fix her emails as she was having a issue, spent the time to help her out then requested a update on samples and got a copy and paste reply.

Really miss Jason as that guy was truly respectful and professional. Also knew his shit Haha

Down right Rude by the sounds of it. Is there someone higher up to appeal to?

@Mightyunit yah this week I will be going above them as the joys of knowing other countries marketing teams really helps

@Soullessone21

Wow. That was quick. When I posted it didnā€™t say unavailable.

@Mightyunit said in Was going to buy AMD but...:

Newegg.ca wants $54.64 for shipping! The R5 3600 is priced at $270 and I thought was pretty good. Disappointed!!! I woke up today planning on ordering as system or two.

Newegg is showing free shipping...for me. $270.

@Bond007 said in Was going to buy AMD but...:

@Mightyunit said in Was going to buy AMD but...:

Newegg is showing free shipping...for me. $270.

I do not understand! I still see the $54 for shipping šŸ˜ž

EDIT: Bond007, does it say it is shipping from the US or Canada?

last edited by Mightyunit

What's memx shipping like? Never shipped from them

What's memx shipping like? Never shipped from them

Me either. AFAIK Newegg is the only place that does not charge PST. That is a big deal for me. I need to save as much as I can!!! How I miss the old NCIX. With SSS (super saver shipping) I would have ordered A LOT on a day like this. RIP šŸ˜µ

@Mightyunit

Says free shipping from USA...price includes shipping/duties/customs. Even if I add to cart it stays that way. Is it only adding the shipping rate for you in the last stages of checkout?

@Bond007 said in Was going to buy AMD but...:

@Mightyunit

Says free shipping from USA...price includes shipping/duties/customs. Even if I add to cart it stays that way. Is it only adding the shipping rate for you in the last stages of checkout?

As soon as it is added to the cart it shows up.

alt text

last edited by Mightyunit

Wow guess a bunch of other tech sites noticed we had no 5700 or 3xxx reviews live today and introed us with all their reps. This is a awesome community and really hope we can have some new amd reviews live soon šŸ™‚

That is GREAT! I am very happy for RHR!