USB finally goes Bi-Directional

Not that putting the USB in correctly was ever a real problem, but I like the new C connector and the bandwidth available:

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/12/4/new-bi-directional-usb-connector-to-be-implemented.aspx

-Shiver

I'm interested to see how this is implemented and how beneficial it truly will be.

To be honest it is more of a functionality thing that is okay but not revolutionary. Either way its cool.

-Shiver

You know we're still gonna end up trying to plug it in, fail, and flip it anyways. It's still USB, USB transcends all logic and dimensions on the first plug in attempt.

@LPfan4ever:

You know we're still gonna end up trying to plug it in, fail, and flip it anyways. It's still USB, USB transcends all logic and dimensions on the first plug in attempt.

Oh god does it ever. We'll now start trying to plug it in to the Firewire, Thunderbolt and every other connection that Isn't USB 🙂

-Shiver

I've plugged USB into ethernet ports on laptops far more times than I'd like to admit. It's just the right width to feel like the connector is secure in its home. In reality I just violated the poor ethernet port.

@LPfan4ever:

I've plugged USB into ethernet ports on laptops far more times than I'd like to admit. It's just the right width to feel like the connector is secure in its home. In reality I just violated the poor ethernet port.

Funny enough, I actually did that yesterday at work, twice….

Glad to hear that the protection against exactly this kind of issues seems to work well 🙂  ;D

I use only the RJ-45 NIC connector in all my computers and I cannot mistake this one for USB. You guys using something else, that could be violated by the USB connector?  ???

@LPfan4ever:

+1 😞

Views